Could someone tell me what I'm seeing here?

Very cool though.

2 Likes

I watched a show on the Science Channel that was really fascinating where they had a panel of experts discussing why one side of the ā€œVā€ formation of a group of migrating birds is longer than the other. After repeated observations and peer review, they determined that the side that was longer had more birds in it.
Iā€™ll see myself out.

5 Likes

Thank you for the very scientific explanation. Iā€™ve always wondered why one side is longer than the other. Now I donā€™t have to wonder anymore! Ha! :rofl:

1 Like

Kling On bird of prey cloaked.

Scotty is working on customizing a V3 as seeker in a photon torpedo.

3 Likes

Them are the fastest geese Iā€™ve ever seen in my life :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

@sandiredwine I know, maybe they were riding a jet stream! Then again, maybe what I thought were geese was really lights from the mother ship coming from outer space.

Welcome to the forum! And while I enjoy red wine on the beach, I donā€™t like sand in my red wine! :joy:

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: very funny!! Definitely could have been a mother ship. Iā€™ll have to start pointing my V3 at the sky and see what I can find!

1 Like

Come on people. How many times do we have to go over this ?. The individual who chimed in ā€œDustā€ was likely closest to the truth. Wanna see how much dust is in your living room ?. Just turn the lights off, and view your room using an IR camera - breathing in your safe space will never be the same again. Itā€™s either dust, an insect, or a spider web falling whilst carrying eggs. You really canā€™t judge distance in the shot. The wing beat frequencies of flying insects can produce some stunning optical illusions - surely weā€™ve all seen those clips by now. Some guy got rich selling a book about ā€œmysterious orbs among usā€. Guess what those, visible only through an IR camera lens, orbs were ? You guessed it, bugs !.

Iā€™m not sure which clip you are referring to but the original clip in this topic was taken outside with IR lights switched off.

2 Likes

The dust comment was a follow-up joke because itā€™s usually either bugs or dust. This thread is the refreshing exception and Dicky is off base.

3 Likes

Anything ā€œweirdā€ you see on your monitor (particularly @ night) should be taken with a big grain of salt, IR or no IR, especially if thereā€™s nothing in the pix to gauge distance by. My wife & I once thought there was a 3ft alien creature crawling up one of our front porch pillars. I ran outside looking up, & accidentally fell down the front steps backwards - lost a little skin & dignity on that one. After collecting myself, I looked at the camera head-on, and that alien creature turned out to be a cricket on the window the camera was looking out of. Pixar could not have created a more realistic looking creature. Iā€™m just saying ā€¦

3 Likes

Because of my schedule I frequently walk at night in a rural forested area, with a headlamp. OMG, all the bugs that are in my face in the summer! well, they must be good for me because I havenā€™t died yet. I mustā€™ve eaten thousands. (I hope I didnā€™t already say that).

2 Likes

Totally aliens lol !

2 Likes