Contact sensor battery replacement still dead

@tcbcw Welcome to the community!

Wyze employees occasionally respond here on the forum. However, this is primarily a user to user forum. If you need to get in touch with Wyze, call the Wyze Customer Service number to speak with a representative.

1 (206) 339-9646

Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

You can also start a support ticket here.

I contacted support and they are replacing the sensors. They were great.

2 Likes

Glad to hear! :smiley:

How many times will Wyze replace dead sensor s?
Is new sensor has the problem fixed??

Yes, that’s a key question. I do not care much about Wyze replacing the old sensors, but I care a lot whether they identified the issue and fixed it. I have reordered a set of fresh ones, I do not want to be in the same situation again in a year or so.
There is no statement from Wyze on that topic. We need one.

1 Like

I’m thinking they haven’t fixed the problem - I got 2 replacements and 1 has the same problem as the old ones…one worked. Those things are so touchy - I know they’re cheap but not worth it. I won’t be buying any more.

1 Like

This is quite frustrating - I have contact sensors and motion sensors dying.
I have 8 contact and 4 motion. And almost all are dead - I thought about buying another set but if this is not going to get fixed I’m not really interested in disposable.
Should I call support for help?

you need to keep an eye on the low battery and ensure you replace it on time

2 Likes

Bingo. Let them go dead, and if it’s the Rev A TI CC1310 MCU, it seems to permanently lock up in some cases.

I actually did get one to work. Probably just lucky, but it might work for others too. See the following post:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/2-of-4-contact-sensors-unresponsive-after-battery-change/112797/56?u=kilgoretrout

Same issue as everyone, can’t reconnect after a battery replacement. What’s the primary workaround these days?

@mysticode Welcome to the Wyze community! I recommend contacting Wyze Customer Support for further assistance.

Wyze Support Report An Issue

1 (206) 339-9646

Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Did, no dice in getting me a replacement due to not being American…

Unfortunately, this was the only solution that worked for me as well. Lucky I had a back up contact sensor.

I noticed that the Wyze Sense starter kit is “out of stock” in the store. Maybe Wyze has recognized that there are a number of significant problems with the sensors and the bridge.

This is a known problem with the sensors:

Yep. Gone from the stores and the website. I think the best way to fix the sensors is to throw them away. Maybe keep the bridge if you still have a motion sensor. I don’t know if they have battery issues or not. At least they were cheap.

Xiaomi made millions of these sensors and found out in first year of the unfixable bricking problem.

What do you think how a company would cut loss.

Find unsuspected buyers.

I had to change the battery on one of my contact sensors a day after purchase. I don’t mind, since I understand batteries drain on their own, and these batteries are cheap anyways.

When you are changing the battery, do NOT press reset/pairing button. Just change the battery and put everything back together. I did that, and after 10 seconds the sensor reconnected without issue.

I had the same problem with 4 contact sensors. I had let each sensor battery go dead. After replacing the batteries they would no longer connect. Contacted support and found out that once the battery goes dead the sensors need to be replaced which fortunately they did.

Need I say this is an extremely poor design and until this is fixed they should not be sold and we should have all been notified.

2 Likes