Contact sensor battery issue

Has anyone an idea how to get the contact sensor to work again after a dead battery? Went through support and fault finding then told out of warranty so nothing can be done, not exactly impressed with that seeing as this appears to be a known issue.

1 Like

I also had a senor die, and thinking this was the battery, I replaced it. Still no go. Contacted Wyze and support person said that the sensor itself had gone kaput.

The difference from you is that the sensor was still under warranty, so Wyze has replaced it. I fear however that this will happen again, maybe to the same unit or another unit, this time out of warranty, and I will be in the same place you are in right now.

1 Like

Please contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue immediately!
By phone: +1 (206) 339-9646
Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Online: Wyze.com/support
Select ā€œsubmit a requestā€ and follow prompts.

1 Like

I did that already and was told nothing can be done as now out of warranty.

Is there an actual email address for customer services at Wyze? Not really happy with this known sensor issue being dismissed.

There use to be an email address, but now that is no longer in use.
I have reported this issue to Wyze.

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t high demand that caused the email to stop being a method of getting in contact with us. It caused everything to come in through a general bucket with no fields filled out. It slowed down every process so weā€™ve now tied those fields to the AI that tries to link you to appropriate articles to resolve issues. We added live chat and calls due to high demand, though. :slight_smile:

@moosemilk61, do you have a support ticket number I can send to the team for review?

3 Likes

Sure itā€™s 845556.

Thanks

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™ll send that over now. Thanks for the quick response! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi - one of my contact sensors flashes 5 times when trying to replace the battery (which I learned means it will not connect to Sense and needs to be replaced). I called Wyze support and they told me they are no longer under warranty :frowning: Wyze replaced them in the past for me no problem.

Iā€™m adding my frustration to this thread as well. Same story as everyone else, Contact sensors with dead batteries and now just a few months out of warranty and completely worthless. And now I see they arenā€™t even being sold on the Wyze shop. Thereā€™s no way this isnā€™t a ā€˜knownā€™ issue and I believe should be addressed.

I can report the same problem. This is a known defect that Wyze will not address. Iā€™ve had three contact sensors deplete their battery and never re-connect again. The first time was under warranty and they sent a replacement (which is now dead) and the other instances were past warranty and ā€œnot eligibleā€ to be replaced. In other words, these little devices are disposable garbage. I also have a Wyze cam that recently quit.

Moral of the story is that Wyze is just another Chinese low quality importer. The difference is that they price items somewhat more fairly. But ultimately you get what you pay for.

Iā€™m just finding out about this now having recently run into this issue. What a bummer :frowning:

Same problem here. My sensors are 18 months old. Opened a ticket with Wyze support, but they will not replace the defective sensors (2 contacts, one motion) because they are out of the 1 year warranty. Frustrating, since this is clearly a major design flaw affecting many users. Have asked to escalate but no response yet.