Connecting to Xfinity using remote camera

My condominium HOA has 20 buildings and 240 units on a 15 acre complex. Two buildings provide combination lock entry to dozens of padlocked storage cabinets which are occasionally vandalized. The HOA budget does not facilitate installing a good CCTV system in the storage units. I am wondering if it would be workable to achieve continuous micro SD card recording to take a new V2 camera to the storage area and set it up by connecting the camera and phone to an available Xfinity WiFi connection. As I walk around the complex while viewing available Wi-Fi networks on an app on my smartphone, I see that 4 or 5 Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spots are always available. In theory, a volunteer would check the storage units weekly to see if there was any suspicious activity. And if vandalism or a break-in occurred then that person could remove the micro SD card from the camera and attempt to locate the appropriate time frame. Which is to say I wouldn’t care if the internet connection failed after installation, but I would want the camera to continue to record to the micro SD card. Or perhaps I would have to use a spare cell phone and set up a hotspot on the phone in order to get the camera functioning.