Color Bulbs Power Outage

Today we had a power outage here in Florida. The power was out for about four hours. All 12 of my Wyze bulbs are now red in color and will no longer connect. I’ve tried factory reset (on/off 3 times) to no avail. The bulbs will not reset.

I contacted support and they were unable to resolve the issue. Having converted every bulb in my house to Wyze, Im now stuck with only the color red and no way to dim or change the color.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What steps did you take to resolve?

So what you did should work…

How to factory reset your Wyze Bulb Color

1. Turn on/off the light switch associated with the bulb 3 times.
  2. Wait for your Wyze Bulb Color to start pulsing slowly.
  3. Once the bulb starts pulsing, you can either set it up again or turn the light off to preserve the factory state.

However, I found that you need to turn the light on and off relatively quickly. reglar power on and off did not work for me. I also noted that if you have it in a lamp which has the multi power switch, it is more difficult. In this situation unplugging and plugging it back in (quickly) worked for me.

For some reason, I keep thinking I needed to do it 5 times and not 3. Something to try.

2 Likes

Having the same issue with one of my bulbs - nothing listed as ways to get to pairing or factory reset seem to work. I’m assuming that red means “bricked” at this point. Hoping there’s another solution to get past that wall that’s not documented.

I had to have all of mine replaced

What process did you follow to get that done?

oh just log a ticket or call support. You can do so from wyze.com and clicking support. Follow through the prompts. They will work with you to resolve the issue and if they can’t, offer a warranty replacement if it’s eligible.