Cloud clip | SD event: Same trigger?

Actually, no. Small group, high substance is my pref. No group, high substance is fine, too. Starting with the latter is a good way to form the former. Then the world, as they say, is your oyster.

An ideally designed SD event detection system operating flawlessy would be effectively equivalent to SD continuous recording because motion within any single minute would be detected and recorded.

If motion visible but too subtle to register occurred during any minute nothing would be recorded during that minute and context it may have provided for the prior or succeeding minutes will be absent.

If continuous recording were made the only option the problem for the devs would be to make detection as close to ideal as possible and to design an interface whereby the user responding to a detection alert notification would be taken directly to the time point on the SD card where the detection occurred.

Cloud clips would be adjunct to the operation of an independently operating local system.

This requires a reliable consistent local storage system which SD as far as I can tell is not and will not be.

Which may be why they introduced that network local storage device thingy.

Now if all this deductive/inductive foofaraw is valid I would hope that devs would be compassionate enough to tell their friends the motivated customer not to break a sweat troubleshooting a flawed system that is on the brink of being replaced.

If they can’t do this because that would mean some people would stop buying the current product until the improved product debutes then ok I get it game-set-match.

But I’m guessing they will not abandon the SD card option because hell a lot of people are dedicated to it in a big way and may not want their recently purchased gear to be thought of and treated as entry level or legacy.

Or some such thing galumph.

Via Gwendolyn:

I’ll send you an official message and close your ticket shortly. But here’s the information! Apparently your help allowed us to find the bug and I hear that it’s fixed in version 4.94.29. So when you get that firmware, please test it and let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Was gonna wait until new firmware was released and tested before posting this, but now not sure how long that will be, so here it is, fwiw.

1 Like

Hey, new firmware version (4.9.4.37), so an update:

Made the same analysis with identical settings and scene details as here - except with

Motion detection settings | Sensitivity - 100

(vs 50)

The tabled results:

6 cloud clips | 6 SD events

over 2 hrs.

wyze_table_3

Promising.

2 Likes

That is promising! I’m happy to hear it. Thanks for the update, peep! Please let me know if that changes.

So, extended untabled results:

30 cloud clips | 30 SD events

over 6 hrs. Pretty solid.

That took about an hour from start to posting.

Send me a Wyze hoodie and I’ll table it formally (complete with SD events during cool down periods, etc., as before.)

Actually, I’ll sweeten that: Gift a Wyze hoodie in a random act of kindness to a customer participating on the boards (whenever, at your sole discretion.) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have a Wyze hoodie to give but maybe someday! Thanks for taking the time to chart these. If you start seeing discrepancies again, please let me know!

2 Likes

On the camera this post was originally based on (having operated outdoors under an eave in moderate weather for 4+ months):

22 cloud clips | 22 SD events

over 6 hrs

last night. I’m going to call this solved. Good work, folks.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly! :slight_smile: