Cellular Trail camera

Take a look at the advancements in cellular trail or game cameras. They send photos of motion triggered wildlife and now, also common, movement of humans perhaps intruding on private property directly to a cell phone or web app . Wyze cams would be adaptable to this new product direction with innovation in the “movement detection” using those little green boxes instead of motion detectors, making a Wyze trail camera even more advanced because it could detectors motion much further away in daylight hours, even across a field, instead of the normal Max of about 50 feet with motion detectors. This would also be a great advancement in using these types of cameras for security, which many trail cameras are used for already. Just imagine the uses for these types of cameras for security, able to be placed around one’s property for security. If anyone were to try to steal the camera the perpetrator’s photo would already be in the hands of the owner. Wyze is already ahead in the ability to detect when a “person” is in sight vs an animal.

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

I would agree here but I would add in to have the cameras create a mesh network between themselves extending the range of the system to miles. Cuddieback has a cellular service in which they charge end users for the amount of data sent back to the user but they also have the ability to aggregate all the photos back to a single sd card they also offer cuddelink home for those that don’t want to pay for monthly cell service. In my case I could easily have a dozen trail cameras get back to the aggregation device and I could just swap 1 as card to check all 12 cameras in one stop.

Providing both solutions (cellular and aggregation of all pictures to one master location) would create an additional opportunity for wize to increase monthly reoccurring revenue and also provide a solution for those that live right by their cameras.

Of course they need to be battery operated and probably not feasible to be rechargeable unless they were solar powered. Cuddieback has d cell battery expansions that prevent you from having to disturb the location just to change batteries.

Trail cameras would be a whole new market of customers that may not have been tapped that would probably also buy traditional wyze cams for other reasons.

I must add here that another unique feather for them could be combining both heat sending triggers for a camera shot AND their unique motion detecting ability, which could give a trail camera the ability to capture action long distances across a field instead of just up to 50 or so feet.

Does WYZE have plans for a cellular camera???

NO. This is a user suggestion.

Has Wyze ever though about making a trail cam,? or a camera that pictures can be downloaded on your phone if there is no service in the area. Like a camp in the mountains or summer home at the beach. Majority of camps in the mountains lack internet access .

There is at least one other discussion on this. You’re speaking, I assume, of cellular game cameras. But if there is no signal why not just slip the SD card and and download the photos? The advantage a Wyze camera would have is if it uses their own motion detection instead of the common heat recognition type. With the Wyze system motion could be detected for 300 or more feet, not just 30 to 50.

1 Like

I’d like one for when I’m away for 6 months, being able to be notified of detections

Many exist already. Check Covert Wireless Game Cameras. I have several. Mine are kept charged by 20w solar panels. As soon as a mammal walks by I get a photo, no matter where I am. My point was Wyze has a better daytime motion detection.

Is your covert a cell
Cam ? Had a spypoint … absolute junk …
Looking for something that doesn’t need regular attention

Yes. Covert. I wanted it to be self-sufficient so put a big battery, controller and 12V to 6V converter inside a big ammo box. Two wires come out, one to the solar panel on a PVC pole close to that tree but in the sun. The other goes to the camera to power it. I don’t need to go to them unless something happens like a squirrel chewing into a wire. I’ve lessened that possibility by wrapping a wide piece of hog wire around the tree, just loosely. Works like a champ. We watch deer, hogs and other “critters.” In heavy rain I can take one with just its batteries inside to a temporary place near the creek to watch how high the water gets. They’re also great for security. They have GPS built in so you can’t forget where you placed it.
I’ve also used a Wyze cam temporarily like that with the same setup but including an extra cell phone to hotspot from. Only then the view is live.

I have a Wyze cam over 250 yards from my door at a deer feeder which I watch live. I put an exterior antenna jack on it and ran the line to a panel antenna. At the house I have an extender which I added an antenna jack to and another panel antenna mounted on a porch pole which points down the hill to the Wyze cam. Works great. Also had that Wyze cam at the pond dam to see how high the water got.

Thanks ! I don’t have a power issue but it’s $70 a month for internet . Do they have a free plan? Paid ? Or do you have to add it to your cell service plan ? Just looking for something reliable.

You must not have looked at their web site. You can see the various plans offered that go with the included SIM card. It depends on how many photos per year you want to allow. I have mine limited to allow another after a rest time of 10 minutes or 5 minutes on some. If some birds or squirrels were playing in front of a camera it would just keep on sending photos every one or two minutes. You can also limit the total from a camera per day.

Wyze how about a try at cellular cams. Something that I can use for hunting that does the same thing the Wyze cams do. I can also use it for security at my other property. Can you make that happen?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. There is no internet where I’m at.

Trail/Game Camera

Please, please, please consider making a trail/game camera.

The other products on the market are trash, They’re overpriced, have poor image quality, and are unreliable. I’ve owned many brands of game cameras, and none have been even close to satisfactory. I’ve read countless reviews, and no company that I can find makes reasonably-priced, reliable, and well-reviewed trail cams.

Hunters and outdoorsman, like many people passionate about their hobbies, love to spend money on their passion. If you guys made them, I’d probably order 10!

The outdoor cam has excellent detection and image quality, and it already writes to a micro SD card. Change the form factor to be put on a tree, add the ability to power it with AAs, and ditch the wifi. Bam! Excellent trail cam!

I would also LOVE one that’s connected to a cellular network. Those would be useful not only for hunters and outdoorsmen but also for folks like myself with larger properties or longer driveways that cannot connect Wyze products via wifi. Spylink is the only legit company that makes an affordable cellular cam right now. They’re terrible. They have awful connectivity and reliability, even on their more expensive models.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

I second it. They can be used for vacation homes in the off-season, vacant property with no utilities , especially illegal dumping sites. Can be used on all kind of properties. Take a survey.

1 Like

Im down for a trail cam

A device that is completely contained, and connected to the eco system. Also would be nice to allow upload of animal sounds to play at intervals to attract certain animals to get photos of them.