Camera recommendations to see animals

Hello,

I use some cameras to secure my main house.
For another house, I have two use cases: security and see animals. Some of them come to the house and I would like to get some pictures during the day or even night.

I was looking at the best match in the Wyze product list. Something that I could easily attach to a tree or something like this.
Anybody here could give me feedback on a preference for this particular use case ?

Thank you !
Rajefar

Welcome to the Wyze community @rajefar551!
I’d suggest the Wyze Cam Outdoor. It’s a rechargeable battery powered camera that would work perfectly for this use.
Take a look around the outdoor camera page. If you need multiple cameras, purchase the starter bundle(linked above) and add-on cameras(scroll down, you’ll see them).

Thank you @Brlepage. Nice product.
I will also check if it can be plugged to solar panels, to have infinite battery life.

I have one V3 camera 150 feet from the house, attached to a tree. It is pointed at an active fox den, with a deer trail behind it. Once, a flying squirrel landed right next to the camera. My WiFi router reaches that far, and I use a long extension cord for power. The camera is not secure, of course, but is in a location that is not readily visible. I also use multiple V3 cameras inside the house, pointed out the windows. They are for security, but also catch any animal daytime activity. I have an expensive non-connected trailcam that takes better pictures, but to see those pictures, I need to travel to the house, take the camera apart, remove the SD card, download them to a laptop, etc. I like seeing the animal activity in real time remotely using the Wyze cameras, and I have used them to determine the best location for the trailcam, which I move around from time to time.

The outdoor cam has to be very close to a critter to detect body heat. Squirrels run up and down a railing on my deck all day and an Outdoor camera 6 feet away never detects them, which I view as a positive feature. I would vote for you getting the V3 and figure out a way to power it outdoors.

If you are specifically trying to get pictures of animals, a trail/hunting camera might be a better choice. They are designed to catch images of animals, triggered by motion and can also take video. Really depends on what you are trying to do.