I know sometimes regular SD cards go bad, so I ordered a 128 High Endurance SD. In this cam v4 the bad SD looked a bit worse for wear when I took it out and put in the new HE. But the cam will not format it, it fails every time. I have restarted and also reset services, not sure what else I can do, so any help is appreciated! If it’s water damage does that mean the whole thing is toast?
Also, half the spotlight on that same cam seems to stay on regardless of my settings (which are kind of confusing). There are two bulbs at the top of the cam and one of them will not turn off no matter what I try in the settings. Again, any help is appreciated. (Will a future release have “No Spotlight” option?)
I’d put the card in a PC and see if it works there - there are a lot of fake cards floating around especially with the current prices. But with half the light also staying on, it sounds like the cam may be going bad, maybe got water in it or a power surge etc.
Spotlight can be disabled (change it to manual, then it only comes on when you toggle it).
Note that if you have the spotlight set to “low” it will only half come on, but it shouldn’t stay on constantly. Even if you turn it on manually, when you exit the cam view, it should turn off.
Thanks, I’ll see if any of the machines in the house still have a slot to try it. It’s a SanDisk, which I guess I had faith it was good, the ones from a previous order were fine. But before I throw it back at Amazon I’ll try to format it in something around here. Spotlight is already on Manual, and when I hit the Spotlight button in Live Stream I can see the second one turns on and off.
Thanks, will check further about formatting the SD.
Definitely sounds like there is a hardware problem, it should not be possible to control the LEDs individually, so something is probably shorted out. If under warranty, I’d swap it, whatever is causing that is probably also the reason the SD isn’t working. Well I guess even if not under warranty, it needs to be replaced.
Sadly, the SD card is fine, it’s the camera that has gone bad, I guess. Disappointing. It still works and uploads events but there’s no card so none of those options are available, like continuous recording or reviewing any footage between events. Thank you for the help!