Cannot Download Timelapse “No File Exists”

Numerous reports recently of an inability to download Timelapse’s have shown up.

This seems to affect the WCO v1 & v2.

A discord user posted:

Outdoor Camera Version 1 has been installed in place for about 6 months now. I use them to capture the sunrise and sunset each day. No issues with downloading the timelapse until the last update. Since then the app tells me no file exists. Rebooted my iPhone 11 pro and updated the app and even when so far as to remove the app and shutdown the phone and install the app again. I know this has been an issue before but figured it’s worth asking about.

And has verified that the file exists on the sd card and is viewable when inserting it into the pc.

App Log 635735

Another forum user said:

Cannot download Timelapse videos, just repeatedly get error messages saying “The file does not exist”. Since I bought this to capture backyard/wildlife/plant timelapses, this is problematic.

App Log: 635873
Device Log: 635168

4 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ are you aware of this issue? Waiting for more logs atm

5 Likes

Also posted this in fix it Friday, please hit the heart button if your experiencing this as well and provide logs in account > Wyze support.

6 Likes

I was not aware of this issue, I will see if this issue is known or not.

5 Likes

I can confirm this as well! June’s app update for iOS created this bug for me and with July’s app update for iOS I can’t even view my album anymore!!!

Luckily, my iPad is NOT set to update my apps automatically and everything is working perfectly on an older version of the WYZE app!!!

These issues really need to be addressed by WYZE ASAP!!! TBH I feel like they don’t even bother testing or debugging their app on multiple operating systems prior to releasing updates anymore! It actually reminds me of Apple slowing down older models prior to the launch of a new product… until they were caught anyways! So frustrating!

2 Likes

Has a response or acknowledgement of this flaw/bug been published? It’s just dead silence, spoke with and chatted with Tech support, all they could tell me is it must be a “connection issue” - (but not for a 10min video or the live stream I can view)
Some help on this would be appreciated? Or should we return the cameras as defective?

I saw no solution to time lapse —File does not exist?

I FOUND A SOLUTION (iOS)!

This issue seems to be caused by the Wyze app creating an incorrect file path AND/OR the Wyze app doesn’t recognize an existing file and tries to write the new file over an existing one.

The fix:

Step 1: Close the Wyze App and perform a hard reset of your iPhone.

Step 2: In the ‘Photos’ app, rename your old Wyze album to “Wyze 2” (or anything other than “Wyze”).

Step 3: In the ‘Photos’ app create a new album and name it “Wyze.”

Step 4: Open the Wyze app and you’ll be able to download all of your saved time lapse videos again!

*Note: I’m not sure if any of my previous problem solving techniques played a role in this fix… so if this doesn’t solve the issue for you, first try re-installing the app and then clear the app’s ‘cache’. Just be sure to close the Wyze app and perform a hard reset of your device in between each change!

1 Like

Thanks will try .

Don

| decker
August 13 |

• | - |

I FOUND A SOLUTION (iOS)!

This issue seems to be caused by the Wyze app creating an incorrect file path AND/OR the Wyze app doesn’t recognize an existing file and tries to write the new file over an existing one.

The fix:

Step 1: Close the Wyze App and perform a hard reset of your iPhone.

Step 2: In the ‘Photos’ app, rename your old Wyze album to “Wyze 2” (or anything other than “Wyze”).

Step 3: In the ‘Photos’ app create a new album and name it “Wyze.”

Step 4: Open the Wyze app and you’ll be able to download all of your saved time lapse videos again!

*Note: I’m not sure if any of my previous problem solving techniques played a role in this fix… so if this doesn’t solve the issue for you, first try re-installing the app and then clear the app’s ‘cache’. Just be sure to close the Wyze app and perform a hard reset of your device in between each change!

1 Like

Didn’t work for me, unfortunately. I cleared the cache, renamed the folder and created a new one and deleted and reinstalled the app, with a hard reset between each of those three activities. Still getting “file does not exist” when I try to download the file.

Happening to me now on Android v2.32.0 (b150) with V2 FW 4.9.9.1355.
Yesterday (8/15/22) timelapse wouldn’t download. Accessed the camera, the .h264 file was there and viewable with mvp. Log submitted.
/edit - worked on a V3 8/2/22 before I upgraded the cam.
/edt2 - Now does not work on the same V3 referenced above.
/edit3
08/03 upgraded the home network to Fiber, went from 0.8Mbps upload speed to 100 Mbps.

Another nail in the Wyze coffin,

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.