Fix-It-Friday 7/1/2022

Once again I am adding a +1 to @ShardlowM’s post.

The decision to abandon the AWS KVS in favor of the TUTK live view introduced a serious security blind spot in these cams! They are now a useless layer of security to the HMS I specifically purchased because of the cam integration.

This has been requested in May and June’s Fix-it Friday with no acknowledgement or response from Wyze. This will mark the third consecutive Fix-it Friday it has been discussed.

8 Likes

@carverofchoice please don’t get me wrong. I didn’t mean anything significant with my disagreement. It seems that the Tune function is built into the hub so one can argue that it isn’t really part of HMS. Those functions are primarily software, not hardware. If the Tune function is really part of HMS, I would assume it would stop working when you don’t have a subscription. The fact that it continues as setup (all on/off or specific sensors on/off) it seems to be part of the hub hardware settings.

3 Likes

Excellent rationale! A good explanation for how this should be considered a bug that should be fixed for everyone to be able to control it. I like it, very logical. Thanks for extending the conversation. :+1: I enjoy these respectful discussions we have.

2 Likes

Thermostat “Insights” Graph showed me “Jun 0, 2022” and “Jul 0, 2022”

Not a big deal, and this won’t (shouldn’t) win Fix-it-Friday (it’s a very minor issue), but I guess Jason can still pass on this bug to the appropriate team:

1. Open Thermostat
  2. Select the stats icon
  3. Select View Details on Insights (figure out how to get insights active/turned on/showing first)
  4. Switch it to the 3-Days tab, and go back to the previous 3 day period and see it show Jul 0, 2022:
  5. Go back to previous months like Jun 0, 2022

Honestly, I am really disappointed I slept through these dates. I would’ve loved to celebrate the zero’th of every month! I just can’t quite catch it. :slight_smile: I would like to make it a new holiday though. Anybody with me?

Log 634966

I am guessing this bug will only happen during a specific rotational period since it’s on a 3 day period? IDK, but it was showing this bug today, Jul 4th, 2022 at 2:30PM MT for looking back at insights on June and July (I also checked May, and it didn’t show a May 0th). Hopefully that helps figure out the bug.

4 Likes

Keypad Beta 0.0.0.70 Battery Low

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve found Wyze plugs to be garbage. Constantly losing their connection to Wi-Fi. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time looking through their tech support and these kinds of forums. My conclusion is product is of such poor quality that it’s not worth buying or troubleshooting. Astonishing, they manage to find clowns to shill for them in these mind-numbing forums. What a complete waste of time.

Hey, folks!

Welcome back to our Fix-It Friday follow-up! We have our new July bug batch to work through so let’s get started.

Core - When initially zooming into a view, it displays the incorrect aspect ratio. Zooming out and back in again works correctly

We’re going to put this one in the backlog because it’s a fairly minor issue and easily fixed by performing the action again. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v2 siren can no longer be selected as an action to trigger a Rule :loud_sound:

We are looking into this with the team and will report back later.

Reddit - Touch target for back buttons on iOS isn’t placed correctly :arrow_left:

Could you please let us know what device model and OS version you’re using? We have the team looking into this but need a little direction.

Discord - Wyze Air Purifier goes offline often

This may actually be one of the quickest resolutions for a Fix-It Friday submission ever. Yesterday, July 5th, we released Wyze Air Purifier firmware 1.0.6. This build specifically targets improving Wi-Fi connectivity. So please give it a try and let us know how it works for you! If we don’t receive feedback about there still being problems with connectivity on 1.0.6, we’ll remove this from the update list next week.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

We have started development for the firmware changes related to the reporting mechanism. Our Design team is working on the new UI. This is a bit tricky because we need two different UI designs so we can support people on the new firmware and those that haven’t updated from the current firmware yet when the time comes. We don’t expect to have the update for this out in July but we’re hoping for August if everything comes together smoothly.

Wyze Cams on Cam Plus are only receiving Wyze AI notifications and not the standard motion-only notifications

We’re still looking into this but need more help! At least one person said that this is still a problem but we haven’t received more MAC addresses and logs. Here are the notes from before:

We got a log from this! Thank you very much! We also could use MAC addresses from affected cameras and you can find those in Settings > Device Info. Here is the update from last week:

Is this still happening to you? The first thing that we ask is that you make sure that your settings are correct on your side. There’s a lot that could go on here but the fastest thing to resolve is usually if the settings just need to be adjusted.

Settings looking good? Could you please let us know what your detection and notification settings are set to? In this case, we especially want to make sure that the All Other Motion option is turned on. If that’s all configured correctly, we’ll need to dive deeper into this like checking to make sure the cloud is matching your displayed settings in the app. Send us a reply here and let’s take a look.

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream

We have a new build to address this and it’s currently going through QA. If all goes well, the QA process will end this week and we’ll start external testing as early as next week. We’ll keep you posted!

Wyze Headphones no longer use auto-pause but the headphones go into Transparency Mode still when laying down :headphones:

We don’t have an update for this because our team is currently focusing on a crash issue with Android 12. Thank you for your patience! But here’s the previous information:

We received another log! Thanks so much for your help! We sent the information over to the team and we’ll let you know what we hear back. Here’s the callout for info in case you see anyone else experiencing this:

Have you ever had auto-pause or Transparency Mode randomly turn on? If so, could you please let us know what your settings were when this happened? And if possible, please send in a log if this happens to you and let us know the log number so we can pair it with our report. Here are the log instructions:

Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 caused issues with sensor pairing and connectivity (updated issue title to reflect current bugs)

We’re currently planning to release a beta firmware update that addresses sensor pairing and connection failures tomorrow or next week. Thanks for your patience!

Wizard chat ends when navigating to the main app page

We have made the full switch over to the new agent workspace and it’s working well! Now you’ll be able to have asynchronous chats and leaving the page in the app won’t completely cut off your chat session. We’ll remove this entry from our list next week.

Audio out of sync on saved videos

We haven’t been receiving negative feedback about this from our beta testers so we’re feeling pretty optimistic about this build. We have another beta firmware going out later that fixes a Playback issue and improves logs. If that goes well, our plan is to release this update in the next two weeks.

Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable

This appears to be going well based on beta tester responses! This improvement will go out with the firmware that addresses audio syncing issues (hopefully in the next two weeks).

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error

2.33 has improvements for this and is currently in alpha testing. We’re aiming to start the beta either tomorrow or next week. So far, we haven’t received negative feedback about this from our alpha testers.

Thanks for reading, everyone! Tune in next week for another Fix-It Friday follow-up. See you then! :grinning:

4 Likes

This is happening with my Wyze Cams Outdoor. I’m having trouble connecting since the latest upgrade. It tells me my network is unstable, it tells me to connect my cell phone (I have iPhone) to a different for Network to try to connect to the camera. It’s bizarre.

Hi, everyone!

It’s time for this week’s Fix-It Friday follow-up! Here’s what we’ve got for you:

Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v2 siren can no longer be selected as an action to trigger a Rule

This is a confirmed bug and it’s in line to be fixed! Not sure about the timing, though. We’re going to remove it from the update list since it’s acknowledged but won’t be fixed immediately. Thanks for bringing it up!

Reddit - Touch target for back buttons on iOS isn’t placed correctly

We’re still not able to reproduce this issue. If you’re running into this problem, please give us the following information:

What phone model you’re using
What pages are affected

Okay, so we were overly optimistic last week because we needed to pull that firmware due to an issue with the upload. We have a new beta version waiting to go out later this week or early next week that will address this. Thanks for your patience!

Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected

No further updates for this one after last week! Here’s the previous update:

We have started development for the firmware changes related to the reporting mechanism. Our Design team is working on the new UI. This is a bit tricky because we need two different UI designs so we can support people on the new firmware and those that haven’t updated from the current firmware yet when the time comes. We don’t expect to have the update for this out in July but we’re hoping for August if everything comes together smoothly.

Wyze Cams on Cam Plus are only receiving Wyze AI notifications and not the standard motion-only notifications

We don’t have a further update other than we’re looking into related threads and trying to pull information from there. Here’s the previous information for this entry:

We got a log from this! Thank you very much! We also could use MAC addresses from affected cameras and you can find those in Settings > Device Info.

Is this still happening to you? The first thing that we ask is that you make sure that your settings are correct on your side. There’s a lot that could go on here but the fastest thing to resolve is usually if the settings just need to be adjusted.

Settings looking good? Could you please let us know what your detection and notification settings are set to? In this case, we especially want to make sure that the All Other Motion option is turned on. If that’s all configured correctly, we’ll need to dive deeper into this like checking to make sure the cloud is matching your displayed settings in the app. Send us a reply here and let’s take a look.

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream

We have the QA report and are going to progress with the beta. We currently expect it to go out to testers either this week or next week and will let you know if that changes.

Wyze Headphones no longer use auto-pause but the headphones go into Transparency Mode still when laying down

We’re still having trouble locating the issue or reproducing it. We’re trying to see if anyone else has run into this problem. Here’s the callout for info from before! Please share it with folks if you see any posts that sound similar:

Have you ever had auto-pause or Transparency Mode randomly turn on? If so, could you please let us know what your settings were when this happened? And if possible, please send in a log if this happens to you and let us know the log number so we can pair it with our report. Here are the log instructions:

Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 caused issues with sensor pairing and connectivity

We are delighted to say that we released a firmware update to the public last Thursday and so far are hearing only positive feedback about this issue being resolved. If you’ve been experiencing this, please update to 4.32.9.264! If that doesn’t fix the problem, let us know. Otherwise, we’ll finally be removing this entry next week.

Audio out of sync on saved videos

We have another round of beta testing to fix an unrelated issue in the firmware but feedback about this firmware build is positive. We’ll be sending out a new version later this week.

Like the audio out of sync issue, this fix is in beta and appears to be doing well! There will be a new beta release later this week.

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error

These improvements are now in external beta testing and it seems to be going well. If you’ve run into this bug on the 2.33 beta build, please let us know!

That wraps it up for this week! We look forward to sharing more updates with you in our next Fix-It Friday Follow-Up. :smiley:

4 Likes
  • Audio out of sync on saved videos
  • Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable
  • Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error

Woohoo, promising!  :+1:

FiF seems to be a successful approach. Thanks to the stalwart (relatively) few who dog these puppies down!

We benefit! :dog: :clap:

I am surprised. Why wouldn’t this just be done for the newest Air Purifier UI, and then just tell people to upgrade to the new UI to get the new feature and leave the old UI alone?

1 Like

I am not sure, but I will ask in the next meeting we have.

1 Like

I’m sure there is a good reason. I was thinking maybe it’s something along the lines of some devices can’t upgrade to the new UI or some compatibility issue (similar to how some people with an older OS can’t update to the newest Wyze App versions) but they don’t want those people to miss out on the feature or something. I don’t really know, but it is definitely a-typical to develop an update for older versions instead of just focussing on all changing progressing to newer versions.

We’re used to telling people “Make sure you have the most recent firmware and app version” and this answer makes it sound like it will be reverse engineered to work with older versions by doing a backend update or something. I was mostly curious.

It took me a while, but I found out what the problem is with the Google home app integration. Everything is fine except for the Wyze Lock. Some recent update, either from Wyze or Google, broke something and whenever the lock is in the same home as all the other Wyze devices, they appear offline in Google Home. As soon as I remove the lock from that home, all of the devices reappear online. And when I re-add the lock to the home, they again appear offline. So it is definitely related to the Wyze Lock. Please pass this on to the developers and please fix this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Also, on Android 12, there is a major battery drain issue when location services are turned on all the time with PRECISE location. If PRECISE location is turned off, then the location triggers do not work. On my previous phone, with Android 10, this was not an issue. The location polling in the background was not constant and yet the location triggers still worked, probably because of the persistent notification. However, on Android 12, it does not work in this way. Please pass along this information as well and fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.

This has been passed up to the team.

I am sorry you are experiencing a large battery drain. What type of Android device are you using, I haven’t experienced the increased battery drain on Android 12 personally. What version of the app is this also?

1 Like

Latest app version. Motorola edge 2021

• Andy

Hello, hello! :smiley:

We have a new batch of updates for this week’s Fix-It Friday follow-up! Let’s get going.

Reddit - Touch target for back buttons on iOS isn’t placed correctly

We’re waiting for information about this one but haven’t heard back yet. If we don’t receive an update from affected folks this week so we can fix this issue, we’ll remove it from the update list. Please speak up now if you’re affected by the touch target misplacement! Here’s the info we’re looking for:

• What phone model you’re using
  • What pages are affected

We have a new firmware that was released to beta today. Please give it a try and let us know what you think if you’re a beta tester! You’re looking for version 1.0.9.

Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

No further updates for this one yet! Here’s the previous update:

Wyze Cams on Cam Plus are only receiving Wyze AI notifications and not the standard motion-only notifications :walking_man:

We’re working on firmware rewrites that add more logs and do a bit of an overhaul. If you’re running into this with a Wyze Cam v2 or Wyze Cam Pan, you may want to try the beta build and submit logs using that firmware. We will have beta firmware for Wyze Cam v3 in the coming weeks as well. Looks like there are different reasons why this may happen and we’re trying to get it all sorted out. Here’s the info from previous updates:

We could use MAC addresses from affected cameras and you can find those in Settings > Device Info.

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream :three:

The beta for this has been postponed. We paused the current public firmware as we look into some issue reports from our reviews. The beta requires that update to be applied first so we want to be careful with how we release this.

Wyze Headphones no longer use auto-pause but the headphones go into Transparency Mode still when laying down :headphones:

Thank you to the person who sent a great write-up about this to us! We’re giving it to the team for review. If anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know! Here’s what we’re looking for:

Audio out of sync on saved videos :loud_sound:

Testing feedback for this still is looking positive! Hopefully we’ll be releasing this firmware in the next couple of weeks.

We just received a beta report of this continuing to happen but it’s the first we’ve seen. It looks like improvement has happened but we’re checking in on the issue report to be safe. Hopefully this firmware will be able to go out to the public in the next couple of weeks!

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error :floppy_disk:

Our release candidate is currently in beta testing! We’re checking out a couple of beta reports we received over the weekend but things are looking promising so far. We currently aim to release 2.33 to the public on Wednesday or Thursday.

And that covers it! In a couple of weeks, we’ll have our August call-out. Start thinking about the bugs bugging ya so we can get our new batch going!

7 Likes

Not sure if this is exactly what they were meaning when the touch target for back buttons was reported, but it could just need to be enlarged:

3 Likes