Can’t set up 24 hr recording

I am trying to set up 24/7 recording, the instructions here don’t match what I have on my app. Any advice welcome.
What I see.

Directions I am following

The directions imply that under advanced settings I should find local recording, as you see from the screen shot, it’s not there!
Please help!

Welcome to the forum, @lynnemabry!

Unfortunately the Outdoor Camera is not natively capable of 24-hour recording because it is a battery-powered camera, and that would exhaust the battery in no time.

You can do a crude 24-hour capture using Scheduled Recording under the More menu below the live feed, but typically an Outdoor Camera is supposed to lie quietly until the PIR motion sensor triggers it to wake up and record a clip.

A better outdoor camera for what you are trying to do is the V3:

V3 Cam - Outdoor wire-powered camera. Wyze’s current flagship camera that upgraded the V2 Cam to a faster processor, more frames per second, wider view, starlight sensitivity, and outdoor capability. Has a siren. Can do 2 wavelengths of night vision. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

Outdoor Camera - Battery-powered outdoor camera that is only recommended for situations where you cannot power a camera. Also has a PIR sensor, but you can use a Sense motion sensor to trigger the other models of cameras if their normal pixel motion detection isn’t enough for you (note the new Sense V2 motion sensors are still hard to get). Can be used in no-Internet situations. Separate Base station required for every 4 cameras. This one has not been upgraded to starlight sensitivity yet. Does not record 24 hours a day to SD card without a lot of effort and a soon dead battery. Live streaming must be limited to save battery power.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that, In general I love the cameras, And I love the wireless because of the flexibility with placement.
I see a V3 or two in my future.

2 Likes

Attn, @guyinsb

Another reason the WCO is not suitable for your use case.

I will probably get a couple of the v3 corded cams for the two on the house, but I do love the wireless, being able to have cameras without wires going tree to tree is great. Next I wish there was wireless add on base station extender so the cameras can be farther way.

The current base can use WiFi if you aren’t already using it as a WiFi extender. I have mine halfway between the router and cameras.