CamPlus Annual Issues

I upgraded to CamPlus Annual from one-cam CamPlus a few months back. Everything was fine.

Today, I tried to use WebView and it tells me I do not have CamPlus. This is around the time my CamPlus one-camera subscription expired.

I cannot add/remove programs from CamPlus in the app. If I go to the website, it says I have 6/99 cameras when I only have 5 cameras. Attempting to assign/remove cameras from the plan does not work – it stays static and shows as all cameras being assigned.

My theory is that when my single-camera CamPlus subscription expired, I got flagged as not having CamPlus at all even though I paid for the $99 Annual plan in full.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I see others experiencing similar issues and getting nowhere with customer support.

I just dealt with the same thing. Their customer service sucks. I finally got a refund after incredibly incompetent customer service reps and im now finding a new camera company.

My advice? Go find something else. Demand a refund. What a headache. And this is someone who’s been a customer since like 2015 with no other issues. I have no desire to deal with this again say 6 months down the road.

They tried telling me I never paid for cam plus when I did. Go read my post! Good luck.

Thanks kayler,

Yes, it seems like there is a problem on Wyze’s backend regarding CamPlus Annual subscriptions, perhaps related to earlier single-camera subscriptions expiring.

I’m hoping the visibility on this will get Wyze to realize there is an issue as their call-in support can’t fix this.

The inability to remove a camera from Cam+ Unlimited is a reported bug. Many people (including me) are affected. Wyze is on record as working on it. As for the other Cam+ snafu, you should contact support and have it straightened out.

I upgraded from monthly to annual and they continued to charge me for monthly. When I asked for a refund they said no due to me cancelling. I’m like I upgraded not cancelled?! They sent me an email with the deal for annual for upgrading. How would I have known that by upgrading it wouldn’t automatically cancel my monthly plan? Nowhere does it explain that when I cashed out and paid for (after they said I never paid for it) the annual! That’s when I started having issues with my annual.

Too many problems for a company that has been doing subscription based services for awhile now. Red flags all around. I understand bugs. But the customer service really gave me the ick. And that will make or break a customer.

Same issue! I too purchased Wyze cams when they first came out. No service fees then. Now I have the unlimited camera plan for $99 per year. However every time I look at my cc statement there’s a charge. I just got charged $199 for Cam Protect which I have never had. Apparently now that they’ve started charging for service, which was never to happen, they can’t get their charging and accounts right. And when you call, the agent doesn’t have any answers but will get someone to contact you. They have taken a good company with good products and made a mess of it! I’m just about fed up with Wyze!

1 Like

Ugh. I’m so sorry you’re going through it too. And what’s even more sad is that they have actual staff on this forum and they are no help either. Shameful.

No, I see only a couple of Wyze personnel here. I don’t think they are officially on support, either. This is a community forum.

I’m trying to preempt an issue I might have when trying to sign-up for Unlimited (my first Cam Plus subscription of any kind) using a PayPal account tied to an email address different from that of my Wyze account.

Last time I dummied a sign-up a few months ago, it automatically created a new Wyze account with the PayPal address - and this is without ever completing the transaction, only previewing it.

The ‘issue’ would be that the subscription would be tied to the auto-created account with no cams registered to it, instead of the original account as intended. :man_shrugging:

/edit

Not quite. It was only in pre-creation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d reach out to them before buying annytging and hope to goodness they help ya. Good luck!

1 Like

So you’re saying the people who have usernames such as WyzeRyan WyzeJason are not actual customer service reps for the company? Even tho it’s says TEAM WYZE on their profiles?

If so, How not only confusing but absolutely unnecessary to even use the usernames as such.

I didn’t say that. I said they don’t look like doing support work for Wyze; officially, at least.

I am the Head of Subscription Growth at Wyze.

@torishu please send me your ticket number and I’ll get this handled.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. This forum is flooded with ongoing issues. Whether they work for support or some other department within the company you’d think they would do something with all of the complaints.

Above someone said he was head of subscription growth - I foresee an issue with that growth he’s a head of when there are so many issues. But what do I know?! :joy:

Notwithstanding… :wink:

https://forums.wyze.com/badges/4/admin-staff-tl4

1 Like

If you want Wyze support, contact their support department, not whine in a community forum.

Yes. Because them taking away a service that people pay for & then gas lighting them saying they never paid for said service is whining. :joy: You sound very intelligent. Especially when 90% of the posts here are complaints.

Edit: Actually, this issue cleared up for me on its own. I thought this was in response to another issue I described here, which still persists:

Apologies for the confusion!

Thanks Matt!

Here’s one for each camera affected (app wouldn’t let me select multiple cameras):

I was able to achieve this by carefully reasserting the current account email (and redoing the transaction since the first one didn’t ‘take’ - confirmed by checking the PayPal account) whenever necessary.

I should say that I run Brave browser set to aggressively block things so that could account for the redo, maybe. Anyway, I didn’t change any Brave settings and it completed, so good. :+1: