Cameras stay offline when after wireless router is rebooted

I use an ASUS router. My cameras are all connected to the guest network. I have multiple devices (non Wyze) that are on the guest network also. After the router is rebooted, all devices [except for (4) Wyze Pan and Scan cameras] reconnected to the router .

I have:
4x Pan and Scan
1x v3.

None of the Wyze Pan and Scan cameras reconnected until I power cycle them. I even waited about 30 minutes until I started power cycling.
I power cycled (4 cameras) all except 1 Pan and Scan. Waited over 2 hours. The last Pan and Scan still didnā€™t connect until I power cycled.

This seems like a potential security issue (for the Pan and Scan model). Maybe someone who knows how to jam a wireless network can reproā€¦ but my thoughts are, if all you need to do is jam the network for a few seconds (then turn off your jammer), all cameras may not reconnect to the proper wifi (the same as a router reboot).

Have you tried disabling ā€œAirtime Fairnessā€? I havenā€™t had this issue and I donā€™t have an ASUS router so this is all I can recommend. More information here: https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031479211-ASUS-Routers-and-Airtime-Fairness

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an ASUS 68u and have the same issue. Havenā€™t found a fix and donā€™t have airtime fareness on

Is anyone else broadcasting the same guest network SSID?

Maybe twiddle IP Isolation or similar settings.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011438/

So I have seen similar issues, but not all the time. One thing I have done to improve not only this, but several other issues was to schedule a daily reboot of each camera at a random time. Yes, there is a chance I could miss something during the reboot, but far less chance that I could miss DAYS of video due to an offline camera. Each camera can be scheduled individually, so I chose starting at 2:13 a.m. and have one reboot ever 6 minutes or so.

4 Likes

I searched my manual (RT-AX3000). I donā€™t see something with fairness in it.

My SSID is unique. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

Great idea. I will schedule mine. However, still think root cause needs to be looked into/addressed.

Being that other devices do reconnect; I feel that itā€™s not necessarily pointing to ASUS at this time.

Thanks

For some reason, all my Pan and Scan cameras fail on the scheduled reboot ā€˜everyā€™ nitght. The v3 does succeed.
I wonder if anyone has the automation to ā€˜restartā€™ a Pan and Scan implemented and working.