Cameras recording but consistently get error mesage "failed to uplaod" started after most recent update

Cameras appear to be recording but about 75% of clips say “Failed to upload” Wyze customer service is a joke ! - basicallly offering me a full refund on my 5 cam plus licenses to go away ! LOL

also has anyone noticed clips are shorter , before update they averaged 30 seconds now around 11 seconds and stop even though motion is still ocurring, I did a test and yup recording stops

3 Likes

This is an issue Wyze is looking into. Could you get a log from the camera by going to its settings > Wyze support > submit a log. Post the log number here. Thanks!

1 Like

Im getting 11-15 second videos with my three cam plus licenses since the firmware upgrade.
My video app will show it’s a 26+ second uploaded video but it ends at around 11sec or so.
I have NEVER experienced a clean firmware or app upgrade with this company.
Submitting log files now.

Good Luck ! I’ve submitted hundreds of logs , all I get is apologies and told not to worry the “engineering” staff is on it and to be rest assured my issue is being worked on !

it’s been 14 days and counting
LMFAO ! I’m going to try a different service and company WYZE was good till it lasted , ever since the last update 10/31/2022 videos are very short, movement and sound recordings are missed
and about half of the videos I get error failed to upload - and to add insult to injury I previously ordered 2 of the wyzeV3 pro cameras and I received 2 of the original V3 cameras

Has anyone seen an update to this issue of getting multiple ‘Failed to Upload ?’ video events ? I’ve got a strong WiFi signal and this continues to happen every day. Restarting the camera (a V1 Pan
Cam) always corrects the issue for me. I’ve never seen this error on my V3 camera or my WCO. Here’s a copy of my Device Info screen, for my Pan cam, and a log I just submitted.

Log#: 813914

I have noticed, while trying to troubleshoot this error, setting the video resolution way down to SD or 360 seems to make it occur less frequently. It seems to be a congestion error maybe caused by too many video events uploaded to the server.