Cam v3 noise

I suggest you call Wyze support at (206) 339-9646 to report the issue and seek a remedy. They will probably ask for you to email your videos, but at least you will have a live person on the line to assign a case number and discuss what you’re experiencing as well as next steps.

In my case, I found a very accommodating agent who arranged to have warranty replacements sent immediately.

Good luck.

Appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you,
John

1 Like

I sincerely think that Wyze got a bad batch of cams and spotlights recently. The two defective cam v3s I ordered in February. I ordered a third in March and it had no grinding/scraping noise like the first two. I could even hear electrical crackling sound coming from the first two when i put my ear up to the cams’ rear grill.

Conversely, I received one spotlight in in the February order and it seemed to work fine, but the two I received in the March order were both defective on arrival. One refused to be recognized by the app and the other refused to turn off or stop blinking intermittently… Those, too, are being replaced by Wyze under warranty.

I look forward to seeing see what happens when I unbox the replacements. Whomever their supplier is appears to have seriously bad quality control issues. Replacing 2/3rds of their equipment due to defect seems unsustainable as a business model.

1 Like

Mine is brand new, indoors and the sound is exactly the same!

I have five v3’s on two different properties. All five make the same noise. Nothing to do with network or environment. It’s the cameras. When I press the two way radio, the noise goes away. As I don’t care about sound recording, I haven’t bothered to replace the cameras.

I have the same exact issue as well on my new V3. My three other V3s do not do this.

I have the exact same issue on the only v3 I have. V1s and V2s don’t have this noise. Is there a solution?

Not that I am aware. If under warranty, ask for replacement and hope that the one they send you doesn’t have the same issue.

I have a theory on what the source of the sound is. My old digital camera (a Kodak from way back) has a setting for continuous autofocus or fixed focus and makes this grinding sound when it is on the continuous autofocus setting. It tries to keep what it thinks is the right focus as it records. I can hear the grinding noise (as the lens moves to keep view in focus) in videos that I record. It may be what is happening in our V3 cameras. Just a thought…

16 V3’s and 7 V2’s that all have good audio

Now and then they may have a buzz but there’s a reason…LOL

Otherwise once the bee left, completely silent and no noises…

As I understand (from what was reported on this forum), some v3 not all, have this issue. Bad batch.

1 Like

All Wyze cams are fixed focus. There are no moving parts related to focus in Wyze cam. The only moving part is the IR cut filter.

Thanks for that info. That rules it out.

1 Like

my new 3 Pro cameras do same thing

you can hear a pin drop but cameras are hearing some internal feedback .

making my sound options worthless on all of my new 3 pro cameras

Best tip for owning a Wyze product is to simply return it to the place of purchase and go buy a camera from a different company. So many people with the same issues. Customer service is not helpful. Don’t waste time and energy with the Wyze company… check out Simple safe (currently a 45 percent off sale and try before you buy option) Blink and Google Nest are also both great options, maybe even check out Merkury. I am so disappointed by the Wyze company and wish everyone who will be staying with Wyze the best but strongly recommend switching to another company. Don’t end up like me with 8 Wyze cameras starting all over with a new company because of Wyze customer service and faulty cameras. I actually feel like they make the cameras this way just so customers are forced to purchase new ones.

No you are not the only one, there are tons of people with the same or similar issue. I believe that Wyze makes these cameras this way, so customers purchase new ones. I have a similar issue on one of my cameras, my issue is more of a static/humming sound which is constant. Wyze customer support said maybe it is interference from other things in the household… This issue happens when nothing else on in the home and no one home…it is constant, and they just try to make excuses. Unfortunately, there is nothing Wyze will do… They really do not care; I suggest just going to a different company all together. I will be replacing my 8 Wyze cameras with cameras from another company.

Ouch, the price tag for one outdoor camera is like 5+ Wyze v3 (Canadian dollars).

No thanks, I’ll stick with Wyze as I don’t have major issues.

I rather purchase one of these, the experience I have had with Wyze is terrible. If the quality held up and company backed their products properly, I would stick with them. Best of luck to you.

Thanks, but as I said I haven’t had any issues with my five cameras. All the best to you as well.

No problem, I was replying to a different thread of someone who was having issues similar to mine which they weren’t pleased with either. I noticed in October you said your five cameras make a noise as well but goes away when you press the two-way talk feature and that you believe it must be the cameras being they are each located at a different residence. I am glad yours are not as bad as mine and that you do not find it too troublesome. Thank you, hopefully the issues I am facing is resolved using my solution, take care.