Cam Plus Takeaways?

I am just trying to confirm several items. I have purchased an additional camera to my many Wyze Cams/Doorbells. The camera I purchased was a Cam Pan v3. I started the setup only to find that: there is no longer a free 14-day trial option that pops up, and I am not able to add it to my Cam Plus Lite subscription. I also have a Cam Plus subscription for my doorbell but in this case for inside my home, I just wanted to use my Cam Plus Lite subscription which i had just increased the price because I believed it was justified. I am just wanting to confirm there is no longer a free trial and the Cam Pan v3 is not available on Cam Plus Lite.
If so, I am disappointed. I have really enjoyed Wyze and their down to earth style as a company. It was refreshing. Looks like going forward they may be changing things a bit which is surprising.

The Pan v3 is not supported on Cam Plus Lite. Scroll to the middle of this link for a list of Cam Plus Lite cameras.

2 Likes

Your post sounds like you have increased the price you pay for Cam Plus Lite. Another option would be to consider Cam Plus Unlimited since you say you have many cameras and doorbells. Unlimited gives you 99 Cam Plus licenses for $9.99 per month.

2 Likes

None of the newest cameras are able to use CamPlus Lite. All three of them work fine on Cam Plus however.
I second the recommendation for CamPlus unlimited if you have very many cameras.

1 Like

Thank you. I see now.

Thank you. I have 5 CAMS and one video doorbell. I use Cam Plus for the doorbell and Cam Plus lite on the others. They are inside and using the SD card and such, i felt I didn’t need Cam Plus and lite served the purpose. Wyze recommended $2.48 which is what i pay monthly for Lite and $20 anually for the Doorbell. So in total i pay $48 per year vs. $120. I dont know if it makes sense, but that is the strategy i am following. So losing Lite on the new cameras is an issue to me.

1 Like

$99 if you pay for unlimited annually (as I do).

1 Like

If your goal is to pay around $48 per year, can you return the Pan v3 and maybe look at a Pan v2 which should work with CPL?

1 Like

oh, thanks. youre correct.

1 Like

thats a great idea. thank you

1 Like

All great suggestions and information above.

If you do choose to return the PanV3 which is incompatible with CPL in favor of a Compatible cam, be sure to check your cart before checkout.

Wyze has moved away from the 14 day free trial that is loaded into the original cam firmware in favor of adding a 30 day trial to your cart before checkout. The difference is that the new trial starts Immediately on purchase and will automatically convert to a paid subscription if not cancelled prior to the end of the trial.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I am a big fan of Wyze but in seeing some of these changes am getting disappointed. I left other smart home devices because of subscriptions in favor of Wyze. Now, they have joined the fray. I will start to look around as Wyze appears to be heading to a big company environment. Your warnings are very much appreciated.

If it’s any consolation, the Wyze Cam Plus Unlimited subscription is next to impossible to beat. And, with online storage and server service costs soaring, it will be really tough to find a company that can provide all the bells and whistles you want or with a local solution for less. But, with several dozen cams on Cam Plus, I am a bit biased.

Completely agree with SlabSlayer on that one. Just looked, I currently have 39 cameras on camPlus unlimited. So I am paying less than $3 per year for each camera.

1 Like