Cam Plus Lite (free) error

Error message when adding new Cam V3 to Cam Plus Lite…

I have a few Wyze cam that I using with Cam Plus Lite.

I just got another v3 cam and it won’t let me add it to my existing Cam Plus Lite subscriptions.

“An error occurred while assigning your camerera(s) to your plan. Please retry or contact us for assistance.”

I appempting this on my Window 11 pc with chrome browser.

2 Likes

When you first get CP Lite you have to chose how many cams you want on CP Lite something like 4. I don’t think you can just add more cameras to that account. If I remember correctly you have to manage the CP Lite account via your account on the WYZE Web site.

1 Like

I use Cam Plus Lite. When signing up for CPL, I don’t believe I had to enter the number of cameras. I started with one camera and kept adding more within the App.

My suggestion would be to try to add the new camera in the App on an Android or iPhone/iPad type device. You mention Windows 11 and that may be causing the problem.

1 Like

That has been my experience as well. Only thing optional was amount to pay…mine is $0.

2 Likes

I never said my memory was good :rofl: I change from 4 cams on CPL and 4 cams on CP to unlimited CP when my camera count increased. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I still have CPL just in case I get frustrated with CamPlus and decide to cancel.

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Could you try to do this from the app (like others suggested). There is definitely something not working but see if you can get it to work in the app

1 Like

@rshadd

We are currently looking into this issue. You should be able to add it from the app side, if you cannot please let me know.

4 Likes

This automatically changed for me, as well. Any updates?

All it does is show the image and not any live feed for events.

I tried to “readd” the cameras under the CamLite subscription but I get the error. I have used the web version AND the phone app. On the app, I get the error, but on the web it says nothing and does nothing after I click on them and “save”.

I reset the cameras. Reset the app, Nothing

I am having the exact same issue with my Wyze Cam V1’s and V3’s (two of each).

On the Account → Services → Other Services → Cam Plus Lite page, only one of the V1’s was selected. The app lets me check the box next to the other V1 and the two V3’s, but clicking “Continue” afterwards does not save any changes. Regardless of if I add any or all cams to Cam Plus Lite and click continue, going back to that page shows no changes.

I’ve tried clearing the cache of both the Wyze App as well as in the Wyze App Account menu. I’ve tried force quitting the app, restarting, and have tried on another device. No matter what I do, the “Cam Plus Lite” assignment page doesn’t save any changes.

I’ve also tried assigning cams on the Wyze web app, when I try saving the assignments I get the error “An error occurred while assigning your camera(s) to your plan. Please retry or contact us for assistance.” And doing that actually seems to have removed the remaining V1 cam I had working on Cam Plus Lite, so that none of them are!

2 Likes

Nothing seemed to work, but then I cancelled my subscription to CamPlus Lite and re-subscribed through the phone app and it allowed me to click all my cameras again and add them correctly.

Just curious if you re-subscribed using the same email address or a different email?

FOUND A RESOLUTION TO THE CAM PLUS LITE ISSUE FOR ANYONE ELSE FACING IT. Contact Wyze and have them “perform a refresh on your Cam Plus Lite subscription” which fixed that issue for me.

2 Likes

I wonder why we even have a beta team when something is simple as this has gone on for this long? Please don’t take it personally because I know it’s not you specifically, but my God!?

I have literally emailed your company at least eight times and called twice trying to get them to just perform a refresh on my cam plus subscription because this is still an issue and they are absolutely horrible

I wish that I could tell you anything other than they literally copy paste right on the website and ignore anything I say and the screenshots I attach

Why is there no IT team that is able to be reached? If so how can l & can you please look into my ticket personally because this is embarrassing, especially when the company is being hacked nationwide ?

ticket 3780725

Jason, I may have posted this in the wrong place, so let me try here Re Cam Plus Lite.

Are you able to advise me on what to do to get my cameras “re-registered” to Cam Plus Lite (CPL)? I have used CPL for years and have about 16 cameras, all V2 and V3, registered with CPL. CPL has worked well and as advertised until yesterday. On 4/13 between 09:00 PDT and 11:30 PDT all of my cameras lost registration with CPL en masse. Using the most current IOS App, and the most current F/W for each of these cameras, I selected Account>Services>3 dots>Cam Plus Lite>3 dots>Manage Camera. I find all check boxes OFF. I turn all check boxes ON. Then I go back to Services etc. and find all check boxes are off. None of the cameras will retain registration to CPL.

I also used the web version at my.wyze.com to register the cameras and get an error message when trying to register. My CPL subscription is active.

Even deleting a camera and re-installing it fails the registration to CPL.

What needs to be done to get my V2 and V3 cameras back onto CPL?

Edit: Does someone at Wyze need to refresh my CPL subscription?

1 Like

Sounds like you have the same problem and need wyze support to refresh your cam plus lite.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Could you please tell me how you went about on contacting Wyze support?

You can contact them at support.wyze.com

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my Cam Plus Lite plan - can’t edit my cameras from iOS mobile app. Once unchecked, you can’t check previous subscribed camera back. The plan is also not showing under My Subscriptions at my.wyze.com.
Wyze support hasn’t provided any solution yet.

Nick