Cam Pan not showing video on playback

I can see video of “events” from last night on my Cam Pan, however when I went to playback - the app is showing that there is no video from that time. It actually is showing no video at all for any time. The SD card must be working, because I can look at the videos for events. I don’t know when this started, because it has been a while since I clicked on playback.

We have another camera and that one seems to be working fine.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Videos from the Events tab of the app? Unless I misunderstand what you’re saying, these videos are stored in the cloud, not on the SD card. Anyway, you should verify the SD card is set to record in “Advanced” settings, under Local storage.

I’ve been having the same problem. When I restart the camera and wait for it to reboot, it works better.

I have experienced this a few times where my mSD card stopped recording. By my experience, doing a power cycle on the camera will often get it to working properly again. If that doesn’t work, you can try reformatting the mSD card.

If there is video footage recorded to your mSD card, you should see pale green on timeline like the pic below: