Business updates from Wyze's cofounders: Wyze Cam v3 is available again for Cam Plus subscribers. 1/28/21

In have 4 v3s not really used until RTSP is out. Could we get some comments from the dev team or a rough ETAm, even BETA? Bought the v3s as RTSP was talked about at launch but the v2 is still more valuable.

$11 shipping and $6 sales tax make the 3 cams i tried to order come out to almost $100. Your $20 cameras are now $30 cameras. I’ll pass until they become more available and you stop forcing people to buy cam plus

I’m having the same issue as @movemint and @bergumby here. CamPlus subscriber but page says I’mn not so I can’t order the Wyze Cam v3. Can someone tag me if they see the solution to this and I’m happy to do the same. :pray:

2 Likes

same here!

@UserCustomerGwen radio silence? All the people with Cam+ asking why it’s not working correctly?

2 Likes

@Fab
There was a statement today in this thread about RTSP for the v3

1 Like

So those of us that sent $170 to Wyze for the vacuum and were promised a free v3 now get kicked to the back of the line? Wyze got our money and won’t honor the free v3 offer. Not if they can collect even more cash from cam plus subscribers and make us wait a few months to get the free v3. How many months of cam plus did the vacuum backers pay and now we get nothing for the support. Wyze appreciates it’s early adopters unless they find a way to squeeze money out of them and delay their commitments. The few v3’s that are available should go to the vac buyers as was promised. This is a classic bait and switch.

1 Like

Any chance can have a package price for cam plus meaning up to x amount of cameras at an annual rate.

1 Like

Check your email and read the thread, they have V3’s reserved for all the vacuum backers. They’re sending them automatically mid to late February. They partially need to wait enough time to make sure everyone’s had a chance to confirm their address. Feb 19th is only 3 weeks away. That’s totally honoring the free V3 offer. Honestly, back when they told us to pick which option we wanted and that it would take a while if we picked a V3, I didn’t expect to get my free V3 until March or April…February is WAY SOONER than I expected based on the expectations they gave us, so I’m definitely not complaining.

1 Like

Never ever buy a product on a possible future feature. This is especially true with Wyze. It was a really long time to get basic RTSP on the V2 and it’s may never happen on the V3 at all. All sorts of features that were said to be “in the works” are still missing like permissions, dark mode, etc. Even advertised things like Google Home for the lock is coming up on a year late this May when it was originally supposed to happen.

1 Like

You are not being kicked to the back of the line, they have allotted in this batch the cams for the backers of the vacuum and will be shipping them out with no action needed by the users.

2 Likes

Site not recognizing that I’m a cam plus subscriber, so I can’t purchase. Any work arounds?

1 Like

Have you gone to wyze.com and logged in to your account? When I first tried this, I wasn’t signed in by default, so double check that.

4 Likes

upvote! same issue here.

1 Like

Hey, thanks. I was logged in, but i logged out and relogged in. That fixed the issue! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tried that too. Still no luck

this morning as soon as got the email about the new (limited) supply of v3 cams, ordered three v3 cams. would have ordered more if there was not a limited supply. anyways already have been using a preordered v3 cam. and really wanted more v3 cams. already have cam plus on the preorder v3 cam and also on a v2 cam. will decide later whether to put cam plus on my newly ordered v3 cams. maybe on at least two of them? or maybe not? but was good to have option to get the three new v3 cams without cam plus. just give me the cams and will decide later.

1 Like

Did you log into your account first? I had no issues.

This policy of prioritizing Cam Plus users for V3 orders sucks.

It basically is a ploy to reward people who support you more lately vs people who supported you in the past.

I’m sure this happens with companies in general, but for you to announce it as a formal policy is, really bad.

3 Likes

I can’t help but chuckle at the catch 22 businesses are stuck in regarding demands for rewarding the most loyal customers and complaints when they do. For example, when Wyze launched their black friday deal to give a free V3 cam to everyone who signs up for Cam Plus for the first time, many long time loyal customers were outaged that they couldn’t qualify for the deal because they’d already had Cam Plus before that and it wasn’t fair they weren’t giving the best offers to those making them the most money already. Now when Wyze makes up for the black friday outage and offers something special to those high loyalty high profit customers that were previously outraged, the tables have turned and now those who don’t have Cam Plus are the ones outraged.

Poor Wyze, stuck in the middle of a business catch-22, no matter what you do to try to reward any group, other groups will be outaged. We see this a lot with cell phone carriers… They all give the best rewards to new customers to increase sales, but making loyal customers outraged they can’t get the same deal.

I’m not judging the decision here or what’s fair or best, just observing how it’s impossible to reward new people or high profit loyalty without making people mad. Poor business owners.

4 Likes