Bulb slowly "warms" up?

I have searched haven’t found an answer, but with the bulb and either the Wizen app or Alexa, is it possible to make it so it slowly lights up in the morning to wake someone up slowly? So it would go from zero light to halfbrightness over 15 minutes?

There is a Wishlist topic for that.

2 Likes

If you have Alexa you can create a routine that will do that. Here is an example that ramps a light from 0% to 100% in 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I don’t use Alexa, so I’m not familiar with it. Maybe I’ll have to bite the bullet and try it someday. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks so much, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Often times I put another action ahead of the Ramp command. That command turns the bulb on at 0%. This is because a lot of bulbs default to turning on at their last brightness settings which can cause the bulb to “flash” when the ramp command is issued. YMMV but it’s worth mentioning.

In the app, choose your bulb, then choose the setting gear top right of the screen, then choose sleep routines. You can change the timeframe, the time on and the days of the week you want it to happen on.

I will warn you, even 1% is really bright in the morning. so it’s literally like flipping the switch on anyway… not really the “warm up” I was hoping for…