Better adhesive on home monitoring v2 entry sensors

I was super excited to get my home monitoring setup and I really love it so far. However, I’ve only had it setup for less than two weeks and my entry sensor already fell off the top of the doorway that I mounted it to. When setting up the devices, I questioned the stickiness of the adhesive on the back of the devices because it didn’t see super strong. Sure enough one of the sensors fell off the door yesterday. I’ve now had to use super glue to try to keep it stuck to the door. Please improve the adhesive on these devices as I don’t want the alarm to go off by it falling off the door frame! It seems the stick pads for wyze cams are SUPER strong and if equivalent was used on the entry sensors and motion sensors, that would be a good solution.

Mod Note: Added “v2” to title for search clarity.

What other adhesive can I use to keep entry senors from falling off the door frame?

I don’t use Wyze sensors but on my non-wyze security system the sensors had good adhesive tape, even still I added a thin bead of clear silicone on outer edge side of adhesive tape.

The adhesive tape will eventually dry out even if higher quality and the silicone insures that the sensor will stay in place. A lot of professional security installers do this to most all stick on sensors.

1 Like