Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

The V3 provided with the Garage Door Opener is a standard V3 with a Shielded Cable from the camera. The original is a flat cable whereas the Garage Door one is a Shielded rounded Cable. The shielding is there to minimize interference with your Car or remote to open the garage door.

3 Likes

Hi, I know I am late in the game, and I scoured this thread, but does anybody have a link to the demo_wcv3.bin file? I asked support and the beta has completed and they purged the file.

Thanks in advance!!

archived webpage

Download the demo_v3_RTSP_4.61.0.1.zip. Rename the file inside to
demo_wcv3.bin when you save it to your microSD card.

edit: This is replying to a post above about getting RTSP working alongside the Garage Controller:

I tried this, but it did not work. I installed demo_v3_RTSP_4.61.0.1.zip as demo_v3.bin, and RTSP functionality appeared, but then the previously-installed Garage Controller would not work. Clicking on the “Controller” button resulted in no effect.

I deleted the camera and added it back to m Wyze app, but then I could not add the controller. Clicking “I have one installed” results in the "Uh oh . . . Something is wrong . . . " error.

I reflashed it o 4.36.9.139, and now the Controller is working again (phew!) but of course I don’t have RTSP.

Does anyone here have RTSP working along with the Garage Controller?

Any updates about RTSP for V3? On the support website the link is still unavailable (I downloaded it from the web archive) I hope they didn’t abandon this project.

‘Abandon all hope ye who enter here’

1 Like

Was dead the day it was announced. Just never received a proper burial.

That said, there are several other projects (hacks) that have taken it to the next level if you’re of a mind to explore them. Wz_Mini on GitHub has gained the most traction.

1 Like

The RTSP firmware is from a MUCH earlier version and does not include the functionality for the garage door opener and many other features. The wz_mini hack (GitHub - gtxaspec/wz_mini_hacks: wz camera mods... make your camera better.) suggested by @pogesmit has RTSP functionality and works with the standard Wyze firmware for the V3.

1 Like