Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

So you’re still having them drop off in BI with the ethernet connection? That’s kind of surprising. Is it the same regular drop and then back every 3-5 minutes as when they don’t have an Internet connection or in some other way?

3-5 min down, never had that, um, i dont think i had that, cameras do have issues with their video losing stream even with the ethernet adapter, if not for bi i would have not known, as i did not subscribe to any of wyzes cloud services.
maybe on stock fw with their services it would be more stable, idk.
i think their chipset is not the best espicially being in such a small form factor, and they do get very warm

Yeah, that’s how I’d see it too. While watching multi-cam in BI and in the camera stats. Otherwise just using the app you wouldn’t see as much. To be clear, it’s not 3-5 minutes down. It’s that if they can’t get to whatever servers they need then every 3-5 minutes they’ll drop off for probably less than a minute likely doing some sort of reset to try again. Give them Internet access and that’s goes away. I’ve also seen some issues with dropping off repeatedly where there’s a not great WiFi connection but that’s a different thing.

Disappointing that you’re seeing drops with the mini-hack and ethernet. I was going to try that with one of mine.

on the mini hack discussion they dont have streaming interruptions on wifi. so i was thinking its a blue iris config issue. i changed a couple of settings, its been a few hours and no streaming issues have been happening, im doing a continous record and its has not been interrupted. this is for wifi and ethernet connected cams, both have internet access.

will keep monitoring and post back my settings i made on bi

1 Like

its been about 24 hrs with the new blueiris v5 settings. it all seems good. testing 3 separate cameras at the same time, all v3.
each camera has 2 profiles in blue iris, timelapse record and motion detection to trigger record w/no time lapse. i have not configured to record sound

make sure both profiles for each cam match video source configuration, bi doesnt behave correctly if same ip camera is configured differently
do not use wyze rtsp fw w/mini hack. use mini hack only with wyze stock fw as latest as of today

first camera: on stock fw w/mini hack w/ethernet (better kb rate than wifi)
second camera: on stock fw w/mini hack wifi
third camera: wyze rtsp fw, no mini hack(last 12hrs no internet access)

bi set to rtsp as ip video source, make sure u r using correct rtsp port
setup to record every 15min interval, time lapse 3fps, record lenght was 2m15s/
every hour of record i might lose a few seconds due to lose of stream, once inawhile ~1min. so for a 24hr period maybe 2min lost, ymmv
it didnt not matter if camera did not have internet access, wyze app could not connect to it, it did not have any effect in streaming video even with the wyze rtsp fw. ymmv

bi_wyze1sm1

bi_wyze2sm2

Can someone post the V3 RTSP firmware that Wyze was so kind to remove.

It’s still available in the first post of the thread.

1 Like

there were rebuttals to the T31 and is ability to perform AI locally … this should quell that dissent…

CPU: Ultra high frequency, up to 1.5GHz, Vector
Deep Learning accelerator base on SIMD128, RiscV
independent lite core

the Ingenic T31X Video Processor with high-performance image processing and deep-learning algorithms. Software only through Ingenix NDA

so once again yes AI is done locally and the triggers are minimally sent to Wyze so they can charge you. Gaining access to use the AI lite core is done only through their closed software from Ingenix. Of course the video can be also uploaded to their cloud offering…

1 Like

So you’re saying that (1) Wyze has been lying to customers for 3 years and (2) they never needed the Xnor.AI partnership to get local AI and (3) they hired teams of programmers to write cloud AI for no reason and (4) they like the added 5 to 20 seconds for cloud processing when they could instead offer customers near instant alerting?

I am going to guess that it’s more complicated than that, that the Ingenix “deep learning algorithms” aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, and that Wyze really is doing so-called “AI” on their so-called “cloud” servers…

1 Like

the detection boxes on the live video do show up instantaneous locally when U watch the feed from the camera … this can be seen from the RTSP streams ( if you have that firmware )… the I frames would have to traverse to the cloud and the detections boxes be drawn in the cloud and sent back… the video feed would have to also be delayed for that … do you work for Wyze ? seems you have never run any AI detectors like Frigate locally … AI chips only need to perform matrix math quickly look it up … open up your mind Wyze has a slick idea

Does trolling for a controversial AI discussion really belong in this thread?

On second thought, don’t answer that.

1 Like

Sorry that’s kind of nonsense. The green box tracks detected motion. It doesn’t indicate the chip is capable of instantaneous trained person or pet or people detection. You cite Frigate, which begs you to get a very specialized and moderately expensive (and basically unattainable) Tensor chip / Coral accelerator from Google, precisely because older and cheaper chips like the T31 do not have this ability.

I’m agreeing with @pogesmit here unfortunately.

1 Like

Just curious in BI why you’re using u-law, the stream from the Wyze cam is PCM

Not sure if it changes anything or not (this selection). As I understand it, if the stream is separate you need to defined it here in the Audio drop down, but if it’s included with the video stream this selection doesn’t do anything? This for me is not clear.

@1-wise-customer
That’s true. Their detection is in the cloud so when your internet bandwidth drops their detection performance drops and if you are off the grid you completely lose the person detection abilities. I was looking for an off-grid threat detection option like you mention but I was hoping to keep it simple in terms of setup. I found this little app that connects my phone to the wise camera or even the camera of my other old phone. It detects people regardless if I give it internet access or not. So the detection happens almost instantly. If I give it internet access, it sends me emails with snapshots of the person detected and if I do not it will turn on an alarm or I can set it up to play custom audio files. The coolest part is that I can play my own creepy voice recording when a person is detected. It is pretty cool. The app is called Birds ai view. I found it on google app store and it’s free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free .

Seems to be brand new with no downloads (“1+”) and the web site is essentially empty. Are you the author?

@ customer
Your observations are unfortunately inaccurate. Nevertheless, you seem to be more active on this thread than most people

Whatever do you mean? My statements were exactly accurate. The only link on the “Symcordia” web site is to a contact form. And these were the screenshots I took when I followed your Play Store link.

So does your non-answer to my question confirm that you are the author? If so, I suggest you put more detail on your web site. It sounds like an interesting app.

3 Likes

More trolling.

I frankly can’t see how the concept could even be technically implemented.

A bell in a tree and a trip wire may actually be more effective at alerting one to an invasion of their off grid “space”.

Does anyone know if the v3 included with the Garage Door Controller bundle is an otherwise-stock v3?

If so, is it possible to install the RTSP beta on it? If so, does it disable the Garage Door functionality? If so, is it possible to restore factory firmware?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it is. You can add the garage door controller setup to any V3. All it needs is the QR code sticker on the door for the motion recognition functionality.

I’m running 4.16.03 and wz_mini and the garage door option is available in the accessories menu and prompts you to buy a controller if you don’t have one. There’s also an option to go directly to the interface if you have one installed – which is done just like adding another camera or any other accessory.

Rolling back to factory firmware is easily done from an SD card just like upgrading to a new version from an SD card.

From what I can tell, the only possible catch to the above would be incompatibility with the existing garage door opener system itself – which can be determined before buying the controller or the bundle. It’s simply a software managed switch hardwired to the existing opener that is activated and controlled by the AI functions and other settings available in the camera.

But hey, don’t take my word for it. LOL

2 Likes