Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

I am currently running BI 5.4.9.16 x64 (7/29/2021), I’m new to BI, and just registered it when I was able to get my Six V3’s streaming via RTSP to VLC successfully.

All V3s have Audio enabled, and the registry set for the audio channels set to 1 per a previous post in the forum stating that this would keep BI from crashing. (thank you @Skycam )

One of my V3’s that I have verified works with VLC and BI randomly loses connection to this one camera, and prompts me for a Password in VLC (and it refuses to accept what is verified to work), and in BI it simply says:

No Signal
Error 80000007a (Check Port/User/Password)

Nothing has changed with the port… user … or password from when it was working.

This camera is working fine with the Wyze App on my iphone.

I think I’ll move this camera next to the router at my desk to test the theory of signal strength causing this one V3 not to work, while the other 5 V3’s are working without issue.

I too have the question for @UserCustomerGwen on how to get support for this one camera that won’t maintain a consistent RTSP connection to VLC or BI

SJ

If you havent updated BI to version 5.5.1.9 DONT! It’s causing crashing issues. Lots if users are having issues including myself. Blue Iris team is working on it.

Having no issues with BI 5.5.1.10 as of 10/13/21

They must have skipped from 5.5.5.7 over to 5.5.1.10 which is good

Sorry. Haven’t heard of 5.5.5.17. My latest update from yesterday was 5.5.1.10.

Sorry I meant 5.5.1.7

Roger that. :slightly_smiling_face:

With audio? And without registry hacks?

Yes, with full audio/video, But yes, did the registry edits and they worked just fine for me.

Okay thanks. I think I’ll wait until it works without any hacks before I say “no issues”.

FWIW, I have taken my V3 offline until Wyze becomes responsive to the many concerns. As I mentioned, My Blue Iris machine has crashed more in the short time the V3 was connected than in all the years I’ve been using the software. Since I killed the V3, the machine is stable again. I just can’t afford to have my machine locking up just because of V3, when I have so many other cameras that are entirely trouble free.

I hate to say that cost is no object, but at the same time, when one camera causes more trouble than all the rest combined, it no longer matters how inexpensive it is. In my mind, it would be way better if it cost enough to work properly. After all, what could be worse than a security camera that causes a security event not to be recorded?

I’m sympathetic to this point of view. I like the “idea” of my V3 cameras. I was encouraged by the release of of the RTSP Beta, but the fact that there has been ZERO feedback from Wyze has led me to rethink my plans.

I’ve just purchased a Amcrest UltraHD 5MP Outdoor POE Camera 2592 x 1944p Bullet IP Security Camera, Outdoor IP67 Waterproof, 103° Viewing Angle, 2.8mm Lens, 98.4ft Night Vision, 5-Megapixel, IP5M-B1186EB-28MM (Black) for testing as my V3 replacement. I event spent $10USD more for black.

Key features:

• IP67
  • RTSP, FTP, microSD support
  • POE, POE+
  • Starlight sensor
  • 5MP

If this Amcrest camera is satisfactory, I will redeploy my V3s to less critical areas.
I’ll be watching and hoping for any meaningful response from Wyze. This is a point-in-time decision. New data will allow for new decisions. My purchases have ZERO impct on Wyze’s bottom line. It’s a harsh truth but the collective purchase of all RTSP4Wyze users is insignificant to Wyze’s bottom line.

1 Like

I had emailed Ken (from BI) about a trouble I noticed in their 5.5.1.10 release. It was unrelated to Wyze, but was within the UI3 interface. You could no longer delete files from within the UI3 interface. That has now been fixed in his latest release (BI 5.5.1.11) as of a few minutes ago. Amazing support from BI. Wish Wyze was on top of things as quickly.

1 Like

Well, my BL was crashing after I tried 5.5.1.9 update… so I had to go back to 5.5.1.7 - today I tried 5.5.1.10 and it still crashes… I have already notified them. The latest I can run is 5.5.1.7.

I just tried updating to 5.5.1.11 and it still crashes… It won’t even open. :frowning:

Sorry your BI is crashing so much. I’d be happy to share any settings I use to see if something might help. My BI setup is pretty plain vanilla though. Nothing special. Just seems to work. Running my V3’s to record when triggered, but they are not set as “continuous recording”.

Mine was an issue with Nvidia… I had to disable it… that was causing the crashing on versions newer than 5.5.1.7.

So are you all sorted now? Things are working better?

Yup… Im good to go. I’ve been thinking on upgrading my old AMD PC to an intel based to run BL… do you know if I can install BL on the new pc and use the same license? - I can’t imagine I would need to buy another license right?

First off, your license is good to go when moving to another machine. But if you should happen upon any issues (registry entries, etc), I’m sure Ken would send you a free license since you are a paid subscriber He has done that for me more than once. :+1:

Oh… well, Im going to be installing BL on an SSD once I get the newer PC… hopefully is not going to be an issue… I don’t have any recordings or triggers saved…haven’t done that yet because with current PC it can barely take a few cameras.

The only issue which is not that bad…is that all my cameras are Wyze Cams so they are wireless. So Im trying to figure how I can segregate them to a different router that’s not the main one… if they were wired cameras it wouldn’t that that much of a hassle, but wireless and my current setup makes it a bit more difficult.