[Beta] iOS & Android V2.0.17 app released to Beta!

Hi All,

We just released iOS & Android V2.0.17 app to beta program. If you have enrolled in beta program you will see it in iOS TestFlight or Google Play. Changes include:

V2.0.17

• Changed device list design, 1 or 2 devices for tile view, 3 or more devices for list view

• Enlarged thumbnails in event list view

• Changed Do Not Disturb on/off text to Notifications off/on

• Added newsletter subscription UI in Accounts

• Removed ‘Notification’ info in device list page

• (Android) Fixed a hardware decoding crash on some Android 5.1 devices

• Bug fixes

Thanks!

The larger thumbnails on the Home and Events screens are far more readable and useful than the prior sizes. Thanks for the update.

Under Camera Settings > Device Info what is the function of Bridge firware (sic) version: and how is it different from Firmware Upgrade?

1 Like

@WyzeTao… Is the view user-switchable, or does it just depend on how many cameras are installed? I can’t find a switch.

EDIT: Reported in the FB group: view depends on how many cameras installed. There is no user controlled switch.

Hello, my iOS Wyze Beta app has expired and my TestFlight indicates that the build I was testing has been removed but there is no new build to install. My Wyze cams LED’s are flashing Yellow/Blue as well. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi jjr, that was a bug. It was for future work which should not be exposed in V2.0.17. We filed a bug and will fix it before release. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

V2.0.17 , From the events list , The discover page, The shop page, and The account page , When I push my back button It closes the app .Should go back to the home page .

App icon badges are not going away.

Delayed notifications, on going issue

Testing on
Samsung S7 , Android Oreo

Android 8.0.0

BUGS

• Still getting tons of false positive “offline” status

• Smoke detector alert videos and IFTTT triggers don’t work for me.

QUESTIONS

What’s this? I aslo don’t see an option as @Loki said

COMMENTS

• Love the enlarged thumbnails

• Love the removed “notification” status text on the home page. I found it confusing.

• Can you please change the wording from “Try to connect: 2 times” to “Connection attempts: 2”
    Screenshot_20181214-191835|281x500

• I also wish back arrow took me to Home when not on home tab (not our of the app)

• Cart looks to work. Vibrate when adding to cart is still way too long.

• I wish the order history page included the tracking number.

Thanks Wyze Team!

Reported in the FB group: view depends on how many cameras installed. There is no user controlled switch.

1 Like

Just to answer it here, this is non-switchable, it will update automatically if you only have two cameras

1 Like

@jgasper413, @HDRock Cleaning up feedback here, are you still seeing the issues?

@kpkammer, I showed the screenshot right before this post, for the false positive that’s something that the team is working on, and for the tracking number, that will be for future versions. The rest of the feedback will be reviewed and prioritized (one that stands out is checking the IFTTT triggers

Thanks for the reply
Nothing has changed from what I posted, Still the same, People on Facebook reporting the same.
You’all Need any feedback logs sent let me know

Yes, I am still having the same issues. No changes. TestFlight is still not showing any available software. Thanks for your help.

Can you check with the launched app release? Sorry for asking to retest, this is to make sure that you have the latest version and fixes.

In Android V2.0.23

1. (App icon badges are not going away.) This is fine now no problem .

2. (From the events list , The discover page, The shop page, and The account page , When I push my back button It closes the app .Should go back to the home page )
    It appears to me that this might have been intentional by the team, Now that I know That it works this way I can just go to the bottom menu Tap on home or Whatever , I would still rather have it go back to the home page when I tap my back button on my phone .

3. (Delayed notifications) Still the same but that’s a different issue