Beta App 2.20.50 No longer Offers Ability to Revert to Prior Versions of Firmware

Beta App (Android) v2.20.50 no longer offers an option to revert to a prior version of firmware for either WyzeCam v2 or WyzeCam v3 cameras.

Is this an intentional change or an “issue” with the Beta App?

1 Like

Personally, I removed the beta app and am no longer participating. I had several issues and had to go through extra hoops because I was on Beta.

If there were some benefits that offset the occasional issues, then I would have been less likely to stop participating.

Thinking this may be f/w e.g. Cam v2 4.9.5.115 (August 31, 2020)
Note: This version was added to give customers an option for flashing back firmware to a previous version. Older firmware versions are being removed from this page because they are incompatible with newer Wyze Cams and would break a newer camera if applied.

I noticed this “issue” when I updated several WyzeCam v2 cameras to the latest fw (4.9.7.608). It seems like the night vision is darker and I wanted to revert to the previous fw to check whether it was. The previous version installed on the camera was the most recent fw before 4.9.7.608

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.