Battery Problems with Outdoor Cams

I have 3 outdoor cams. the battery on one fully charges and discharges within one day and the other two the charge lasts for one month on one and three months on the other. Do I have a faulty battery or are there some settings that account fir the disparity in battery life?

There are tons of other post about this subject. How old is the cam?, what firmware is it using? How many bars of the signal from the base show? 1,2 or 3 bars? And yes it may be just a bad battery. Does the cam record many events a day and work in live view? Did you look at the battery use on the app? Open the cam, go to settings>device info>Battery use. What does it show? It will look like this:

Thanks for your interest in my dilemma. I attach fotos of the battery usage of the three outdoor cameras. Grateful if you could help me understanding them. Signal strength is 3 bars on the camera that shows zero battery on the home page but charged today on the battery usage and the last time I charged was three weeks ago before leaving. Just returned today. Two bars the camera that shows on the camera that shows it was charged 10 days ago and only one bar on the camera that shows it was charged 18 days ago. All batteries were fully charged on the 25th Sept. Can you help me make any sense of this?

Regards,
Patrick Heppolette

I attach the fotos.

Regards,
Patrick Heppolette

Since your cam was at zero and you had to charge it today it doesn’t show any information of events uploaded, filtered or live stream. If it goes down quickly today take a look at battery use before it gets to 30% or so. The usage on my cameras is a little different as you can see it is recording to the SD card in the camera along with events uploaded. I am doing scheduled event recording so it uses a little more battery power. As I said it may just be bad batteries, I have not had the issue “yet”, my cameras are one year old this week. Do all three of your cameras have the same version of firmware?

Tha cameras are one year old and all using latest update. Although the Battery usage says it was charged today I have not charged it yet and on the home page it shows 0% battery. Strange but will look into the forum on this topic. All my cameras record to SDCard also person detection, live stream and event notification. Thanks for your help. I have a spare Outdoor Cam so if the battery is dead I will swap to the new cam.

Regards,
Patrick Heppolette