Base Station Updates

Okay, so back in late 2023 (I think) there were some updates that bricked all of my base stations. Impossible to repair since you can’t download the firmware to fix it - no links to it whatsoever and since they’re out of warranty Wyze is giving me the tough turd response.
Present day: I ordered a new starter bundle for ebay and got a NIB base station and outdoor camera. Great. Is it safe to update the base station with the latest update version? I don’t want to brick another base station…

Thanks!

1 Like

There is firmware available to download for the base. Of course is you deleted your old base from the app while it was off line you will never get it to work again. If you don’t want to try an over the air update download than January 2024 firmware and load it manually with a empty 32GB or smaller SD card formatted in FAT32.
******** EDIT> Well I downloaded one of the files listed and you are correct, no firmware is included in the file? :astonished: :astonished:

So back to my question: Will the latest update be safe to download for my new base station???

I have 4.16.4.523 firmware on my base and it works just fine. The Base has been in operation since November 2020.
You must make sure your WYZE app is the most current. App versions below 2.48 will not work with the base.

My app is up to date. The app is indicating the latest update for the base station is 4.16.2.66. Current version is 4.16.2.45. I initiated the update while typing and it worked. I can’t tell you the anxiety involved in trusting another update! LOL
Looks like I’m all good now.
Thank you for chatting.

:astonished: Those two firmware version were a pair of updates from January 2022. Current base firmware is 4.16.4.523 (January 24,2024). I guess if it is working leave it alone. Very strange situation with the app saying .66 is the latest.

Oddly enough, after the update was installed, the app is saying an update is available - the same one that was just installed. Odd indeed.
I had a thought that since I have a working base station, I wonder if connecting it to my PC via USB cable would allow access to the firmware file installed on it. Copy it and install it in my bricked base stations via micro SD card. Just kind of free thinking another work-around.

There may be base stations that require different updates to operate properly due to variations in components, hardware, and programming. It would explain the update issue. Just a thought.

I have a copy of this Base Station firmware saved on my computer if you want to try it on your bricked base stations: Send me a DM with email address.
4.16.4.452 (December 7, 2022)

I’ll be trying out the firmware in the bricked base stations later this evening. Where did you navigate to be able to take the screenshot with the firmware updates? I cannot find a way to navigate to that screen.

Click on the arrow below cameras, It will show all cams and the Base in the list:

Direction for base are here; As I said if the base was deleted while off line it probably will not work but you can try:

Well, deleted base stations are automatically bricked. All three that I have are not even heavy enough to be paperweights. No amount of updates, voodoo, or wishing will bring them back.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.