B4 I throw away the wyze cam, any suggestions

my wyze cam was up and working the one day it showed not connected. I could not reconnect so I removed the device and was going to reinstall. when I plug it in the yellow light goes on immediately and never goes to the flashing mode to install it. any suggestions? I am sitting next to the router. Reset did not change anything.

@ke6bnl, Sorry you are having problems. There are a number of things you can try.
The first thing I would try is Power Cycling the cam.
If that fails, you can try a Factory Reset.
You did not say what device or OS you are using- this would be useful info.
If the above two steps don’t help, a General Guide to setup and Connectivity issues can be found here:
Issues With Setup and Connectivity
If that doesn’t work, I would suggest you contact Wyze Support and talk to them. Detail what you have already tried up front to save time. If they can’t help and you are still under warranty they should replace it.

Let us know!

**Edited- BTW, I have recently had good luck using the phone contact method. Response time was fast and people were sharp.

Wyze Customer Support 1 (844) 999-3226 or (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

Did you try power cycling your router as well? (You may find that a weekly reboot of the router itself helps to resolve many wifi issues… especially with the amount of devices/appliances that rely on wifi…)

Thanks for the suggestion, I am doing that right now. no luck thanks

1 Like

Is that an amateur call sign?

1 Like

Certainly looks it to me…
Another ham.

1 Like

Try a manual firmware flash. I just had a few v2 cams do that and after a firmware flash to the current production firmware they came back alive. 73s.

2 Likes

if you’re still having the same issue where your can’t connect the camera, give Wyze support a call. I know they can help with this one, i had the same problem lol probs send you a new cam under warranty

I have been a ham for a long time my wife and daughter also got their license. I have not been active in a long time.

1 Like