AWS Outage Impacting Multiple Wyze Services - 12/15/21

wyze cam V2 still shows offline even though I can tap it and it loads the live feed fine. :joy: is that still a factory reset situation when it clearly has network but wyze is reporting it as offline?

1 Like

Also this for the future (YMMV):
https://status.aws.amazon.com/

2 Likes

So all my devices are online including 2 V3 cameraā€™s (1 new one installed this weekend prior to outage) but my older V3 shows content if you click on it but no preview since I have a few cameraā€™s under a group. I power cycled and waited about 1 minute and reset the device and it gives me the same issue. If I try to reboot the device I get ā€œRestart device failedā€. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

All up and running as of 12:35 PM in western valley Oregon

2 Likes

Power cycle them also sign out of app then back in

2 Likes

I literally did nothing to troubleshoot from the onset of AWS-down. Plugs (v1), bulbs (v1) and cams (v2) all came back online without intervention as of now.

Only vestige remaining (on a single cam):

Un plug them then back plug them back in sign out of app then back in

1 Like

Still have a single bulb and a lock not coming back after multiple device and network reboots. Whats the deal here?

Thatā€™s great for you, but when a plug tells me my WiFi isnā€™t strong enough (later found out it was fine, thanks), that seems to point to my home network and I started fiddling around unnecessarily.

Why is asking Wyze to communicate via normal channels - email, the app - such a big ask?

1 Like

Un screw the blues or trunk the switch Off for a few minutes then power it backā€¦we had 3 version 1 thatā€™s what we did to fix the issue

Not able to get any of my indoor plugs to come back online. Have tried all of the troubleshooting tips and still nothing. The plugs all just blink rapidly.

1 Like

I have tried everything as well and my plugs are all not working! Zigbee is starting to look like an option! The lack of communication by Wyze is unacceptable!

I completely removed the bulb from the socket for at least 30 minsā€¦ nothing. Comes on with power, I can see the device on my router but itā€™s not communicating nor showing up in the appā€¦ itā€™s all borked.

Anyone still having problems, reboot your router . Iā€™ve never had to do that before, but it just fixed my HMS problems.

1 Like

Wyzeā€¦ JUST GIVE US LOCAL ACCESS.

tried that as well no luck! arrgh

Hey, donā€™t yell.

They havenā€™t listened to polite asking or feature requests on this topic for yearsā€¦ so now they get yelled at.

When I was with SmartThings, I learned to check their website for issues as the first step. It was down a lot and I will admit I went around the house in a tizzy trying to fix something unfixable by me.

1 Like