Audio out of sync

@gjploudre, could you please check to see if the audio and video are out of sync when viewing the footage on a computer? And could you send me an example video of this?

@davidjaybush, it sounds like you were receiving the automated emails combined with people not checking previous tickets. I’ll talk to the team about this and we apologize for the frustration.

This appears to be a universal and critical problem. I’m not sure why the response is always that these are isolated incidents.
@UserCustomerGwen can you confirm that you have not experienced this issue?
Thx

1 Like

My Wyze Cam audio is within the expected few seconds of being out of sync. I personally haven’t experienced the longer delays that it sounds like other people are experiencing so I need to collect data for the dev side to be helpful here.

Hi Gwendolyn. Thanks for the reply.
I don’t see why a few seconds delay should be expected or acceptable. Milliseconds maybe.
Are there plans to fix this?
I love my Wyze cam, but this is a crucial part of the experience and a major inconvenience.

5 Likes

A few seconds is absurd in my opinion. Ideally it would be 5-15ms plus or minus of each other, worst case like 25ms±.

I have been delaying buying more due to this fact.

5 Likes

I am also having the same issue since I purchased the cam. Thought it would have been fixed by now,

Fix audio delay in VLC

Wait a second, are you saying the audio is out of sync by a sec or two and that it falls within what is expected?

3 Likes

I will give this feedback to the team. Yes, the delay being within a couple seconds is expected since the tracks are recorded separately. I haven’t heard plans to address this at this point so I’ll check in with the team about it.

Looks like this is something we’re looking into! Sorry, folks. I gave you out of date information and I apologize. I’m going to get one of our tech side people in here. :slight_smile:

Considering audio delay measured in “seconds” acceptable is evidence of a troublesome detachment from reality and a departure from empathetic design. I think all of us here are bemused at the thought that this was actually deemed a “normal” thing that no one would care about or notice.

Im happy that this issue is starting to gain the spotlight at Wyze, but the fact that this was approached with such a cavalier admission of being the status quo concerns me for how other areas of product development and support are handled, namely user privacy and information security.

2 Likes

I apologize and I appreciate you calling me out for this. It was not my intention to be cavalier and I will look out for that in future posting. Do you have questions about privacy and security?

1 Like

Hello, this is Arthur, TPM from Wyze.

I am working on improving audio quality of V2 and Pan Cam. If your device run into any of the following issues:

• Audio not in sync with Video, in Live View or Recordings
  • Two way communication (Speaking) not clear.
  • Poor audio quality or burst or no sound, in Live View or Recordings
  • Or any other audio related issues

Please send the device Mac address and a brief description of the issue to: hzuo@wyze.com.
Mac address could be found under camera settings → Device Info.

Thank you,
Arthur.

6 Likes

Hey Gwendolyn, your response is very appreciated. No questions about privacy and security at this time, but it goes without saying that any information these cameras store on the cloud could be easily compromised should the Wyze security team fail to remain vigilant. I’m super happy with the quality (not withstanding the topic at hand) and value of the V2’s I’ve purchased so far and intend to buy more, but since these cameras are so inexpensive, that can only mean Wyze is operating on slim profit margins, which can mean an underfunded security team. Again, thank you for being active on these forums, and don’t forget a lot of the heat here is fueled by passion for these products and a will for them to succeed.

2 Likes

Good news. Thanks for looking into that @UserCustomerGwen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologize for my delay getting back here. I appreciate the kindness and understanding in your response. We value the passion that our wonderful community has! Yes, that sometimes leads to heat but those conversations are valuable and we appreciate being offered the opportunities to hear the perspectives from our community members. We try to take these things in stride and reflect on both the spirit and intention with which these thoughts are shared. If you have questions later, please don’t hesitate to let me know! :slight_smile:

@moody1, you’re welcome! I’m happy to help. :smile:

2 Likes

I am also experiencing out of sync audio on playback. Had a small magnitude earthquake yesterday that only lasted about 3-4 seconds. There was a noticeable boom sound and I felt the ground shake under my feet at which point I got up out of my chair in the garage to go out to the driveway to investigate. On playback, the boom sound occurs as I’m already up out of the chair and walking towards the outside but in real time the boom happened while I was still seated. It also startled my dog from his nap. On playback, the boom happens after my dog is jolted from his slumber when in real time, it was the boom that caused him to snap his head up and look around. It was such a minor tremor that you don’t see the camera itself shake, just me and my dog’s reaction to it and the sound it made which were nearly simultaneous as the epicenter was relatively close by.

Sorry for the delay…have been on an extended stay out of town. It occurs on all 8 of my cams …all v2’s or pan cams, and all updated to recent firmware. It occurs during playback, and to a lesser extent, live. It isnt wan or lan speed as i turned off everything on a 100gb network and tested with a single cam at a time with a galaxy s7 running android 8.

1 Like

I have this problem on all of my cams (v2s and Pan). The audio is delayed by about 10 secs when playing back from SD card.

1 Like

No worries for the delay! Thank you for the information, gjploudre and @techtiger. Could you please follow these instructions?

We’re working on getting this sorted out! :slight_smile: