Audio out of sync

All of my recordings, both on the SD card and the app have the audio out of sync. Is there any way to fix this problem?

11 Likes

I have the same issue when playing back through the app. The camera and app are on the same Wi-Fi Network as well.

V2 App running the latest firmware. It’s been like this for months and I also hear loud clicks in the sound as well intermittently.

Am also surprised at why there aren’t lots of comments on this.

I have sandisk 32gb cards in them.

5 Likes

It seems like this has been a problem for quite some time but no go on a fix. What gives?

Love my two cameras BUT I have never been able to get the audio to sync up with the video on either. I was hoping that the recent update was going to fix it but no joy :frowning:

I have two V2 cameras:
Firmware on both is 4.9.3.64
App version is 2.0.23

The problem doesn’t seem to be limited to local storage or viewing playback or livestream. It audio is ~9 secs behind the video on all three.

1 Like

I’ve seen this on one of my cameras, but most of my videos don’t have sound that easily shows if the sound is early or late to the actions.

My two cams (v2’s) have been in service for about 2 weeks now and the only issue I am having is the lack of sync between audio and video also. Doesn’t matter if I am watching live stream, cloud clips or from the 32g SD card. No difference if watching using same wi-fi as cameras or from different location via wi-fi or from LTE DATA. Devices I used to view footage are iPhone 7 and iPad Air2. Will keep checking for a fix!

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything back yet but I just opened my ticket on the 31st. I’m guessing with the holidays and in addition to that everyone getting cameras over the holidays support is probably a little backed up. Given that, I wouldn’t imagine we’d hear anything until next week. These really are great little cameras, hoping they get this sorted out as it appears to have been around for quite some time.

@UserCustomerGwen and other team members any solution to this, please?

Thanks for tagging me in, @Chirag!

@villainprotocol, you’re completely on target with our support being backed up. We apologize for that.

The reason the audio isn’t synced is because the audio and video tracks are recorded separately. Usually, they will only be slightly out of sync but there are various factors (such as internet strength) that can impact how far off they are. If you’re experiencing a significant offset such as them being multiple seconds off, you may want to contact our support people and ask for some troubleshooting in case we can help out with this.

1 Like

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen! I logged a support ticket on the 31st so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. I also attached two sample files to the ticket, one manually recorded and the other from the local sd card. The only concern I would have about internet strength as the culprit is that the local sd card files are out of sync by the same amount. Looking forward to hearing back from the support team, we’ll figure this out :slight_smile:

Oh and Happy New Year everyone!

1 Like

Please let us know what the result may be. I too have this issue.

As they are saved as separate files I would guess that the best way to “fix” this in the interim would be to remove the sd card and save the file to the computer and when playing that file it would line up correctly by eliminating the connection lag issues. That being said, Windows Media Player doesn’t play the audio at all… but if you load to google drive or similar it plays correctly. At least for me it does. Just a temp. fix if you need something urgently.

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen. Could you expand on that a little more? The video is stored locally on the SD card, so it really shouldn’t have any delay since Internet strength shouldn’t be involved. I’ll admit I haven’t tested it to localize if the issue is with the SD file, app Playback, livestream or Event videos. Do we know to which of the viewing options this impacts? I think it is one of the more minor issues, so I’m just curious.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, OverWatch. We’re at the end of my knowledge on this. I think that there may still be slight desynchronization when viewing microSD card videos but I’m not positive. I’ll see if I can get more information from the product team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have this same issue. Hope it is something that can be fixed.

I have this problem too. This camera has lots of issues. Think I’m going to send back!

1 Like

Hello @UserCustomerGwen,

I too have noticed the desynchronization of the the audio. However, on my cameras (all 5), it appears only when I “record” the video I replayed under “view playback” that I saved to my iPhone/iPad album where I noticed the un-synchronized audio when I play it on my device (iPhone or iPad). I have not pulled the micro SD card from the camera to view the files on my PC or Mac. So I cannot say if that desynchronization occurs on the saved files in the micro SD cards.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! If you ever have an opportunity to test that, please let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 6 cams, all purchased within the last month. 2 are pan cams. Every one of them has this issue where the audio and video are out of sync. I am trying these out at the house as a POC before potentially putting them in stores to monitor activity, but this would need to be rectified first. With mine, even the live stream is a little off, but the playback is horrible. A fix would really be great!

Thanks.

Greg

1 Like

This has been a problem for several of us for some time now with no fix as of yet. They have asked us to jump through hoops ie:send a sample from each cam, send logs. Then we get an email asking how our interaction was fr so and so who emailed us back. Well the interaction was great, I got a form letter asking me to do something that you asked the last person who had the same problem do. How bout asking me if the problem is fixed? Oh wait it isn’t fixed. How bout they take the people they hired to ensure good customer service and replace them with someone that fixes things… and before of Anubis you die hard Wyze supporters jump my [mod edit] again, how bout jump wyses [mod edit] so they fix this and other issues and I wouldn’t have to leave bad messages.

[Mod Edit: Post edited to follow community guidelines.]

1 Like