Audio Hub extension (e.g., Keypad Audio) for Wyze Home Security

1. Wyze Sense Hub Siren Volume Lower Than Desired

• Fix-It Friday - 2/18/22 *

Wyze News

HUB SIREN VOLUME STILL LOWER THAN IT USED TO BE Last Fall, around September, the Hub Volume dropped considerably from a firmware update. The High volume seemed to be at the level the Minimum was before…very, very low. On October 18th firmware 4.32.6.142 was released intending to fix this issue. Per the release notes: Fixed a bug that caused a decrease in Wyze Sense Hub voice prompt volume from last update and while some things had volume restored to higher volume levels, such as the entry …

Response:

The low volume is due to a hardware limitation. We’ve heard your feedback and are working on supporting Wyze Home Monitoring audio on Wyze Chime. This will allow you to decentralize the audio and have it in the rooms that you care about. We’ll share information about it when it’s ready!

Thanks for the acknowledgement and updated information.

Security system keypad suggestion

Since it’s obvious the remote keypads can issue voice messages, why can’t all the keypads in the house notify when the system is put in or out of active modes? In other words. I have three keypads, if I change system state the only one that announces is the one I used. Also, when the condition goes into alarm for notification, I only get that indication at the hub which is where the siren is generating the loud noise. Why can’t the remotes also indicate with the same type of noise or a message indicating an alarm is active? My hub is not close enough to the bedrooms because of Wi-Fi issues. Thanks

2 Likes

I mentioned this in the Wyze Monitoring and Sense Discord chat, but I have my Wyze Home Monitoring Hub at the loudest setting, but my house is quite large and the sound doesn’t travel as far as it needs to. I was wondering if I could buy another Hub device and sync them up, that way I’d have multiple devices going off all over the house. Or if I could connect it to bluetooth speakers that I place all over the house. I like the idea that others have mentioned about having the keypad also make noise - that would work, and I could place multiple keypads in different corners of the house so the sound is strong everywhere.

Glad to hear there’s a Beta Firmware update coming up that will increase the Hub sound by 8db, but I’d still like the option of having multiple devices. Super large houses just need multiple devices of sound output.

Thanks!!

1 Like

It has certainly taken a very long time to address this issue

1 Like

Home alarm keypad notification

Do the keypads have countdown as to when alarm is going to go off? Or can it “say” something to let someone coming in that alarm is activated? I have 1 keypad in my basement and I don’t hear my hub “beeping” when alarm is activated. I prefer that a noise or sound would be made as to let an intruder know that alarm was triggered.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @1bluescreen

No, the Hub does the countdown and only speaks when it is armed or disarmed. At least this has been my experience

If you have Alexa, you can set up rules which will announce when certain doors are open or the cameras see a person.

1 Like

Is it possible to come out with chime plugins that work with the security system so you can have it go off in multiple rooms or multiple floors… In addition an ability to set voice chimes for when doors and windows open?

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Voice Alerts & Chimes for sense.

1 Like

Yep. I just set this up and can’t believe you don’t have more control over audio alarm settings. The keypad have a speaker and it would make a ton of sense to have them sound an alarm alone with the hub. I was so surprised to that they didn’t. Please add this.

1 Like

How about having the keypads mimic the hub sounds, my hub is not located in an area that can be easily heard. And, AND EXTERNAL SIREN

Did they ever extend support to use the chime as an audio output device? I see it says “sound output devices” and only my hub is listed there but obviously expected since I don’t have a chime but wondering if I buy a chime can I make it play a tone when a door is opened?

As far as I know they have not added other extensions for sound alerts. I have the doorbell but I am not able to add any thing, just my hub is listed. So I don’t think buying the doorbell chime will work for you.

Also I have been trying to get a permit for the alarm since it launched a few years ago. My city requires the active monitoring alarm company to get the individual permit. Noonlight or whoever acquired them have not been able to do it, so police will not come out to my house. So it’s about a 27% useful system.

Suggestion: Not sure if this is the right place to leave a chime suggestion but here it goes.

• There should be a separate speaker device for chime/notifications. Small plug in or battery device that can go in a bedroom or another part of the house when the base station is not easily audible.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to the correct Wishlist topic for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like

I want to be able to hear all tones that the HMS annunciates in more than one place in my home. Currently, only the Sense Hub can annunciate that an alarm has been triggered or that an entry delay has been triggered. In my home, I cannot hear the hub when I am on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I have to place the hub on the 1st floor due to some sensors not being able to connect to the hub when placed upstairs. The keypad announces that the system has been armed or disarmed and also instructs how to disarm. It has voice capabilities. I would suggest announcing all alerts and alarms on the keypad as well. I can then place multiple keypads throughout the house to be able to hear all that system is trying to tell me. Or sell a stand alone speaker. Or allow integration with Google Home and I could announce on all my Google speakers.

Enhancing Wyze Hub Notifications: Integrating Loudspeakers for Immediate Alerts and Alarm System Enhancement

There’s a significant delay in Alexa sending notifications when the door is opened and other Notifications. Is it possible for the Wyze team to design a loudspeaker that can be linked with the Hub for immediate notifications, and also use this speaker for the alarm system, considering the Hub Sense’s volume is inadequate? Alternatively, could an external Bluetooth speaker be used for this purpose?