Apple Watch Integration Ideas

An Apple Watch Complication where we can

1. Toggle on/off manual Task
  2. See Task shortcut logs (success or failed) only display a weeks worth since screen is small or at the very least one days worth.
  3. See Motion Detection Alert notification picture stills with time stamp and cam name ( video clip play back would be ideal, but a pic still will suffice) This will solve us not having to run to our iphone or ipad to view as they may not always be around…even eBay give pictures push alerts of an item bought has shipped, this will help greatly.
    …At most though being able to turn task on/off from your Apple Watch would be great, when you leave your iphone at home or in the car.

That would be an ambitious undertaking - I completely support.

Also viewing video on the Apple Watch - either real time or alert notifications.

Candidly, I would pay “some amount” as an in-app purchase to add these capabilities to my Wyze App that I have already on my iPhone.

Point me to the Cheering Section so I can jump and down with the rest.

6 Likes

The cheering section is the VOTE button at the top of this page. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would support paying extra to have this as an add on for the app.

3 Likes

Just upgraded from S0 to S4. I’d really love AppleWatch support. Please make it happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know right but I don’t think it will be coming anytime soon but I’m hopeful.

…For bulb on/off. It would be great to have a complication where you can toggle the bulbs on/off right from your wrist. Any plans for this in the future?

5 Likes

Ability to use Apple Watch to turn on off light.

1 Like

I understand the Apple Watch receives notifications of events for the cameras, but it would be nice to have the Wyze app installed on the watch to be able to control wyze plugs and bulbs. Just basic functions like turning items on and off, like a light for instance. Was just a thought. Been several times I’m in a room with Wyze plug and want to turn off the light but don’t have my phone, but I do have my watch on.

4 Likes

Now that the Wyze Lock has been released it’s a no brainer to have Apple Watch support to lock/unlock the door. I’d love to have this capability when I leave the house for my morning run with only an Apple Watch.

10 Likes

I literally just got back inside from accidentally (wyze smart) locking myself out of my home when I went to get mail.

If Wyze had Apple Watch integration with the ability to lock/unlock that would have made my life a lot easier.

Please, please consider this. You could be saving a lot of your Smart Lock customers from one hell of a headache.

8 Likes

I big definitely - would possibly be more useful to more people than homekit integration, although maybe that could communicate with the watch - not sure, maybe not. I often do not have my phone handy but I always have my watch on.

4 Likes

I finally found a way to integrate my Apple watch with my Wyze plugs, bulb, and all my other smart devices. I’m using a $1.99 app from the app store called Voice In a Can that adds Alexa functions to the Apple watch. Basically, most anything I can ask Alexa to do I can now do on my watch. I can even use it to lock/unlock my Wyze door lock since I use the Wyze Beta App, although Wyze officially doesn’t recommend using Alexa for the lock yet since it’s experimental.

6 Likes

I have this too, but didn’t think to use it to control my Wyze bulbs! Thanks man!

2 Likes

This would be incredible for basic tasks like notifications or other automation functions.

The ideal use for me right now, would be now that the Wyze Lock is out, would help to be able to use the BLE on my watch to unlock since I rarely leave my home without it. Occasionally, I walk out without my phone.

PLEASE ADD THIS! It would take an already great product to the next level!!!

3 Likes

I’d love to see integration for the Apple Watch or other wearables for the Wyze Lock so that you aren’t forced to take your phone out to unlock your door.

3 Likes

That’s on the wish-list.
In the meanwhile, I use an app called “Voice in a can” which I think is $1.99 in the Apple app store. What it does is enable Alexa voice control on the Apple watch. I put the icon right on my watch face and can control all my smart devices, including Wyze bulbs, and plugs from my watch. In addition, although it’s experimental right now and not recommended by Wyze to be used yet, Alexa is currently enabled for the lock on the Beta Wyze app. I am currently able to use my voice on my Apple watch to aske Alexa to lock/unlock the door and it works.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have an Apple Watch app especially for Wyze lock so when you don’t have your phone, you can still unlock your door with your Apple Watch the same way as with iPhone.

2 Likes

Agree with a few of the posts here, now that the Lock is available, this is a must.

2 Likes

I’ve found myself using my Apple Watch almost exclusively to lock the door when I leave using the watch Voice in a Can app I mentioned earlier. With that said, I can definitely say native Wyze support for the watch would be great and very useful. Once the keypad is available, I may end up using the lock button on the keypad though.

2 Likes