Annoying Different User Interfaces Across Cameras

Why has no one talked about the multiple different user interfaces across the different cameras? I do not understand why the same company doesnt have the same user interface across all their cameras. Why does the user have to learn a completly different interface every single time they purchase a new camera? From the different pan cams, to the doorbell and regular cam v2, v3. etc., all different. Why?! Lets work on bringing the cameras together Wyze, and be part of the same company with the same interface. Its annoying and I hate the new pan cam v3 userface because it is the most different out of all the cameras. Theres no need to be different. Keep the same playback button, and the scrolling buttons. Its not hard. Why make things more difficult for your users? Anyone else have the same experience?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @ckhallmark2014! :raising_hand_man:

It has been discussed, ad nauseam. It was being discussed long before the new UI was introduced with the V3Pro, PanV3, and OG Cams.

Everyone would like to see every cam on the same UI with the same UI features. However, much of what is driving that UI is the cam’s hardware capabilities, features, and OS platform used to build the FW on the chip . The three cams mentioned above all have a similar UI, but each has its own special spin on that basic design based on it’s unique hardware capabilities.

Since the newer cams are being programmed on a different FW OS platform, and have much improved hardware capabilities, bringing the older cams up to the same UI isn’t always a possibility or a financially sound decision since it would require a total rewrite of the firmware. For some of the older cams, the original chips just can’t support it.

It’s similar to asking Apple or Microsoft to make every prior OS look the same when they introduce a new release. Older machines just can’t handle it and rewriting the old software to look the same isn’t practical.

2 Likes

I fully understand that the newer cams have newer hardware and new features. But you cant tell me its not possible. Not practical? Thats just being lazy. New features are great, but like your analogy of Microsoft and apple OS updates, they push it across all platforms. If Wyze has to update the firmware across all devices, then thats what they have to do. There are multiple ways to add new features and still have the same UI. Again IMO its lazy and doesnt show Wyze’s confidence in their own abilities.

It is possible, it is just in a transitory period. It won’t happen today.

1 Like