Android Wyze app is the largest app on my device

I have a ‘high end’ phone, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g, I cannot install an SD card for more memory. Does that instantly make my ‘high end’ phone ‘low end’

3 Likes

What? I have. I have no affiliation with OP, but I sure won’t stand around and not say something…
Why would you say something like that? [mod edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

What’s using all that space? I write software for a living and I can’t imagine writing enough code in my lifetime to fill a gigabyte. For comparison, I took a look at my VLC video player installation on my Windows desktop, which is 170 MB. 40 MB of that is the codecs, 20 is the QT GUI library, and 17 is the uncompressed help text in a zillion languages. I’ve been fighting app bloat since the 80s, when we had to fit software on 1.44 MB floppies. Sure, a flagship phone is 128 GB, but now every company I deal with wants to install its own massive app, so it still fills up fast. It’s appalling to see programmers show so little concern for disk footprint.

So at least break it down for us: What’s using all that space? I sure can’t see 300 MB of stuff when I open the app.

1 Like