We released the Android App 1.5.42 to the public.
- Added the prev and next buttons in playback to snap to events on record on event or skip time on continuous recording
- Added alert video thumbnails
- Added wifi signal strength in Device Info
- Added automation tasks and shortcuts in My Account
- Added double tap zoom
- Added ‘show Wyze logo’ toggle
- Added 360p option on V2 and Pan cameras for slow internet connection
- Changed that shared users won’t be able to view shared cameras immediately after share is canceled by main users.
- Changed that if the camera status is changed by one user, the camera status for all users with access will be updated.
- Fixed an issue that users can’t toggle off all day in the alert schedule
- UI changes and other bug fixes
Is there any information yet on the support page about , automation tasks and shortcuts ? I didn’t find any
The Wyze Android app, version 1.5.42, abnormally terminates on launch.
I’m running Android 5.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Neither clearing the app's cache or uninstalling and reinstalling fix the problem, but on reinstall, I get as far as entering my email and password, so the problem apparently occurs at or around logging in.
Following up: version 1.5.31 exhibits the same behavior, a bending at launch.
Version 1.4.43 works correctly for me.
Need information about 360p mode since after applying 220.127.116.11 and this app update cameras show great signal strength but will not connect to the app.
It should be posted on our support page now.
Thank you for the info! We’ll look into it right away.
I just got a possible fix for your issue but unfortunately we can’t reproduce the issue with the Android device we have (Nexus 7) on Android 5.1.1.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Can you send me an email so I can send you the link to download the app?
Since updating to 5.42, I’ve experienced numerous issues on all cameras while viewing with a Nexus 6P. Playback freezes constantly (despite power cycling the cameras and clearing the partition cache on the phone), I can no longer “stretch to zoom,” and in general, crashes. I see others have commented on multiple issues since the last update. Can you advise on a timeline to resolve this buggy release? Thanks.
What is the OS on your phone? We have two reports that app crashes on Android 5.0 and 5.1. If so, could you send me an email at email@example.com? I have a test app that might solve your issue.
I am running Android 8.1.0 on a Nexus 6P with 128 Mb on a mesh (Google Fi) network with tons of speed and connectivity. I never had an issue with any of the cameras or trying to view the playback on the previous version. The app crashed again this morning when trying to view playback on a Cam (I also have CamPans and will test them). There is a significant lag when trying to “Pinch to Zoom” the playback and when it finally does work, it no longer responds to swiping right or left. Then it crashes. Hope this helps. It’s a great product and I know apps can sometimes be buggy, but right now I can’t play anything back which defeats the purpose of having the cameras in the first place.