Amazon Delivery Guy Grabs some Goodies

Ha, I’m sure! Not going to spend the money, though.

How often do you get the same deliverers vs new people?

The last 6 months I’ve ordered a lot of different things. Many were things that my 94 yr old mother would get me from my amazon wish list. So I was getting a lot of pkgs. every week. But a few weeks ago I stopped because I don’t really need anymore stuff. Although the last few deliveries were surprise gifts from her.
Anyway, I’d say more times than not I had the same delivery people. There were a few who just dropped the pkgs and left. One who liked the goodies even shouted a thank you.

1 Like

No. A bug exists in the Wyze app (perhaps Android only). Downloaded cloud events are properly encoded and play without error. But using the Wyze app to manually record a video (from SD playback, time lapse, WCO scheduled recording, etc.) results in an improperly encoded video. When these improperly encoded videos are subsequently uploaded to this forum and viewed in most browsers, they won’t play. Most users won’t say they can’t play these videos because the usual response is, “there’s nothing wrong with my video”. Ref: Bobcat Prowling - #30 by Seapup

1 Like

So if I upload another like that, what do I do to make it viewable?

=============
[Mod Note]: Re-encoded video for proper embedded viewing in web browsers.

You need to donate $7,000.00 to the Seapup Marshmallow/Kibbel Cat Food Foundation so he can keep his :raccoon: :raccoon: :raccoon: friends happy. :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

You can try to open it in another video program, then ask that program save it as a different file, and see if it will do the proper re-encoding. Some people do this with something like VLC on their computer for example. There are probably countless other ways to do it too.

Or you can just tag Seapup to fix it for you. He’s been VERY nice and accommodating in helping to fix it so the rest of us can see the videos easily, and he’s a nice guy.

2 Likes

:rofl: Figure the odds…

1 Like

Oh ok. I’ll try that next time and see what I get. Thanks. Hmm, just checked it and it’s an mp4. Isn’t that ok?

Yes, MP4 is good, the problem is that the Wyze app isn’t adding the right encoding in some way, so even though it can run fine in lots of apps, it isn’t encoded right for the browser plugin to run it natively for some reason. So then saving/re-encoding the video through another app sometimes saves it into mp4 again, but this time with the right encoding so more programs like the browser codec can play it easily.

Complicated issue…but hopefully Wyze will update it soon so browsers are happier about it. Worst case scenario we’re grateful to Seapup for fixing so many of those videos for us all to view right! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We do the same thing with leaving water and snacks out. Sometimes avocados from the orchard. I will have to aim a cam at the basket next time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter started aiming the V2 out the window by the front door. Her husband said all the treats were gone (so quickly!), so she looked back on the videos and saw that the pizza delivery guy took them haha. She didn’t mind, though, because maybe he needed them or wanted to share with his family or something.

2 Likes

If you’re not familiar with video formatting tools, the easiest solution is to blindly convert manually recorded footage via an online tool. 123 Apps has lots of cool tools, they are free to use and safe. 123 Apps’ Online Video Converter is extremely quick, efficient and most important… simple. You do not need to create a 123 Apps account to use the tools.

Even if your file is already .mp4 or .mov, go to Online Video Converter from a browser.

Either navigate to and select your source video file or simply drag and drop your file onto the “Open file” button:

Click the “Settings” button and ensure your output file size does not exceed 5.86 MB. If it does, move the slider to the left to reduce output file size. Do NOT change any other settings! Then click the “Convert” button:

When conversion is complete, click the “Download” button. Use your newly converted and downloaded file here on the forum.

2 Likes

I’m familiar with tools for the computer, just not for the cell phone. I don’t use my cell phone for online use much, except when I haven’t transferred my files over to the pc.
Thanks for fixing the last one I uploaded last night. :+1: I downloaded an app on my phone and saved the file but the app automatically added music to it, so I deleted it. Just want a simple Android app that will “reformat” so you don’t have to keep doing it for me. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with video tools for cell phones/tablets.

It’s ok. I’ll figure it out. I probably will just send the files (that I want to upload here) to myself via email since they’re small enough, and then upload from there. I keep forgetting they can’t be over 5 something MBs.

2 Likes

For any of my video files that are larger than the 5 meg max, I upload them to my YouTube channel and then post the link. And I do the same thing for any other files I upload, but won’t play properly. (Unless @Seapup fixes it first. :smiling_face: )

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I do, too.

2 Likes

The most astounding thing about this video and your story, at least from my perspective, is that your Amazon delivery people actually follow directions!!! The ones in my area absolutely do not! I even came home one time at the same time I was getting a delivery and the guy plopped it down on the entrance to my front porch in direct view of the road (I request that they place it BEHIND the big built in planter to hide the deliveries from porch pirates). When I asked the guy do you people ever read the delivery instructions? His answer was no.

2 Likes

Wow. There WAS a time when one of them left something on the front porch. But I have a sign taped to the screen door saying “Please leave Pkgs on back porch”. And the back porch can be seen right there to the left of the house. I’m out in the country and get no visitors and have no problem with thieves. The only reason I ask this is because the awning doesn’t cover the whole porch and it’s not protected.

1 Like