Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

In stock! Wow! That’s a first!:smiley:

Everytime I’ve checked HD in the past they were always out of stock.

Thanks for the tip. :+1:

I wonder if they will eventually be selling other items too, such as Wyze bulbs, thermostats, watches, climate sensors, etc?

I’ve already built leak and temp sensors with the original wyze contact sensors, but I guess those are no longer available. Would like to try the climate sensors out

1 Like

The Ancaster store has all that as well. I saw it there last week.

1 Like

Hey I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask you about driving across the border to pickup Wyze products, if you don’t mind. I live in Canada too, close to the border, and want to pop across to get some Wyze goodies. Would you mind if I ask how you do that? Like do you get your Wyze stuff shipped General Delivery to a post office just across the border, and then go pick it up there?

Thanks in advance for your help! Never done this before.

Access to Canadian for the store or official canadian distributor perhaps?
I am looking of5en your store bit I have to wait for someone to sale your new stuff on Amazone…

Actually this is pretty much what I would always do until they shut down the border you just have to set up a mailbox (usually there’s tons of them right across the border). I live on the West coast, an hour or less from the border usually it seems you just have to sign up on the parcel centers website and give them a credit card to charge folding fees to and done. e.g. I use point to point parcel at Point Roberts it’s $3.50 a week for holding a parcel there. I just always declare what I bring, even if over the allotted amount they just wave you past. Have had to open the box infront of the guard in my car at worst (nest thermostat and ghome mini).

33 million potential Canadian customers are waiting to see a Canada-based sales and fulfillment site.

Appreciatively,
DW (a long-time Wyze customer and fan)
Parksville, BC

2 Likes

Any more news on this? I want to give the Wyze wireless headphones a try so bad.

Hope depot selling 5% of the products at triple the price was not what I expected.

Was looking forward to trying a bunch of wyze products.

Just checking in to see if Wyze gives [Mod Edit] about its Canadian customers yet. Nope, they still dont care about us.

I have never seen a company before refuse to take peoples money for products like these guys do. Its crazy. Shipping from the US to Canada is EASY. Setting up a 3PL in Canada to manage the order flow for you? Also very easy. They just dont [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Wait for products to show on Amazon and order it. It is annoying but it life untill border reopen…Or order Chiness equivalent, they will sale trucks loads with no regard where you live…Which is what I migth start to do. For my need I just need a 24hr recorder with remote access no fluffy stuff…

$35.98 US (camera + shipping) is ~$45.33 Canadian. HD and Amazon sell the V3 for $43.98 Canadian, shipping included. $1.35 less is hardly triple the price. :slight_smile:

I’d like the door key pad, it’s $19.99 in the app so $25.25 converted at current exchange. Let’s add tax in BC (+15%), $28.28, shipping $5.99 I read, so $34.27. I’ve also read that Wyze is increasing the prices of most products to cover shipping making it ‘free shipping’ but I’m assuming not in this case. Amazon has it for $43.43 that’s almost $10 while not triple it is around 25% more expensive. Now let’s add the same taxes and environmental fee on Amazon. $43.43+15% = $49.45+5 (env fee) = $54.45 Amazon. Oh boy $50 for a keypad yikes.

Except that’s not how it works. Most, if not all Wyze products are made oversea’s and being that Canada has higher tariffs than the USA. In fact the USA doesn’t change on many things and the Canadian government does.

Here’s a quick list found online. Consumer Electronics is normally 8% to 13%.

A few duty rates examples for major imports:

• Clothing 16-18%
  • Cookware 0-8%
  • Computers and related equipment 0% and duty-free
  • Coffeemakers 0-8%
  • Furniture 0-9.5%
  • Textile articles (bedding, linen, towels, curtains) 16-18%
  • Auto parts 0-8%

Now lets not get into Labelling Requirements for Canada. We have two official languages so in order to sell in Quebec and other some other provinces they’ll need French labelling.

Then lets talk about CSA sticker requirements. Oh also Energy Efficiency Regulations. Bringing an electronic product into a new market isn’t as easy as everyone seems to think. Something legal for sale in the USA might not be in Canada. This time gap could be any one of the issues posted or even something else.

1 Like

If the time gap is regulatory related, then say that. They haven’t though, and it seems they’re having more trouble entering the market than a whole slew of other products. Eufy didn’t seem to have any problems selling direct to Canadians.

Canadians are just low on Wyze’s priority list and I think they’ve been enjoying selling to Canadians “unofficially” through Amazon for years without having to actually support the products.

Wyze’s management seems to be similar to that of a hyper ADD toddler. Trying to get them to focus on the task at hand seems overly difficult, especially when new shiny things are just on the horizon. Just look at the wishlist of features and how many of them they’ve done. Even those they’ve done, how long it’s taken to implement.

They could sell to Canadians pretty quickly. They’re just choosing not to make it a priority to do so, for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Wyze is like a little kid promising to clean his room right after this show.

If a few products through Home Depot and Amazon Canada is all you’re going to do, say so and we’ll move on.

They still haven’t answered whether products sold through Amazon Canada are covered by Wyze warranty or if Amazon is actually authorized to sell Wyze products at all.

1 Like

Exactly if I knew the door keypad wasn’t going to come through official lines then I’d have to either settle for: A. Amazon or B. wait for the borders to open. As it is right now I’m holding out hope that they open the Canadian store but at this point it’s practically indefensible. I know covid threw a wrench in things but don’t announce a service that’s not going to be coming for a year or more even without covid meanwhile release 10+ plus products. Nothing wyze does is announced with over a year notification. I’ve now also added 2 more things to my smart home shopping list so total 5 things of wyze waiting for either: Canada shipping, border opening or competitor pricing to be comparable.

They said “coming soon” in February (may be different month but for sure beginning of the year). And look what month it is, it’s not COVID because this February was already under COVID.

If they know it’s not going to happen soon then why give us false hope and say “coming soon”?

I’m starting to lose trust to this company, their product and service quality is a mess as well. My doorbell event recording keeps corrupted and failed to upload to cloud and raised 2 tickets, all they did was to collect data and say nothing.

All in all it’s just about money

I also live in Canada and I have many of Wyze products. Doorbell, lock, 14 v3 cams, 3 v2 cams, indoor plus, outdoor plugs, lightbulbs, robot vacuum, sensors etc.
All the products I have have been working fine for me, including the doorbell.
Love Wyze and what they do.

Can I ask how you get their products? I’ve been looking to get the headphones but the only way is through a broker which doubles the price for delivery.

My local Pet Smart has the WYZE Can v3 on a regular basis. This week on sale too. And if you sign for pet perks points, you get discounts on top of that. I basically gave up on HD. It is still not available in Alberta HD. Even though their website says that there are some in store. But when I get there, they cannot find it. It is as if the competitors are paying HD to not put WYZE products on their shelves. It is a long known practice in supermarkets that manufacturers pay for prime space on store shelves. As for Pet Smart, I find the shopping atmosphere is more relaxed than a mega big box hardware store. I would suggest WYZE contact Home Hardware. They are very good at bringing in specialty products in their stores. Plus they promote and advertise nationally new products on tv, radio, newspapers and online.