Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

Wyze has been coming to Canada since May of 2019 (post from Gwen in this thread, there may be other earlier posts elsewhere I don’t know).

As frustrating as it has been I do get that the last couple years haven’t been kind to a lot of businesses in general and a lot of them have had to do some cya to get through it. If reports are to be believed the shortages aren’t ending any time soon. I am sure Wyze does wish they could have moved faster on this and carry more stock as they know there’s a lot of money being left on the table. I kinda think that’s why they are bringing in so many new not smart products, Trying to get whatever they can that has a guarantied supply so they have something to sell.

Home Depot was a blessing and a curse in regards to coming to Canada. Glad its an option now (especially the warranty coverage, not that I have needed it for the cams ((would have been nice for the sensors though )) But HD has definitely not helped as it has been a frustrating experience overall. Nice when there’s stock in store, but it’s rarish that it does, and an awful experience when there’s stock that no one can find, nor do they care to look)) A lot of this would be alleviated with more stock coming in. (but back to the chip shortage issue) but HD needs a complete revamp from the ground up, as they a really only setup to sell what’s currently sitting on the shelf. Their online, in-store ordering and CS leave a lot to be desired.

Our Petsmart doesn’t have stock most days either. Can’t have an opinion when I have only been able to purchase it once since they starting carrying them. I do admit that I don’t go in PS very often so I check there way less then I would HD.

I am glad that Wyze hasn’t just given up on us in the North. We just have to be patient and when it does arrive (in whatever fashion it does) I have a list of products I want to try. Problem is the longer this goes on new products come out, the reasons to wait get harder to justify.

I do however really do wish that Wyze (or any company for that matter) would be more honest and transparent about where they are at / are doing. Coming soon to most humans means next week, next month, not years later… Wyze has explained what’s going on a few times (in a general way) so they get a pass however it could be better when there are issues that cause postponements.

In a lot of ways it’s all these pre announcements that cause the problem. It gets people excited, however we are only upset because we know it’s coming / or was coming but then subsequently cancelled. If we didn’t know we wouldn’t be the wiser.

Heck, I still miss the cancelled Maxdrive. Understand what happened, but still want any version of it so could use stock firmware (yes I do understand RTSP). I do not for a second think that Cam Plus was a worthy replacement for it, it should compliment it. I originally got into Wyze cameras because I was against any form of forced subscription that most of the competition favored.

It’s not so much the delay, it’s the lack of communication since, as you put it, May. If Wyze were to just come out and say “Guys, we’ve been hit with production issues so we won’t be able to sell in Canada as we thought.” then at least we would know something. It’s the fact that Wyze has just ghosted this entire forum altogether that annoys the heck out of me.

I’m assuming most people here watched the video from wyze about their liquidity struggles at the onset of the pandemic. During the video they mentioned that one of their projects that was put on hold was direct sales to Canada. Now that they’ve cleared the liquidity problem let’s hope the direct sales to Canada problem is solved but they are in fact giving some information.
They’ve probably learned from this issue that sometimes it’s better to under promise and over deliver as opposed to over promise and under deliver as has happened so far with selling to Canada.

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying, but that’s not the excuse for them to delay and say nothing. As @rspierenburg pointed out it’s about communication. All the barriers and hardships we all understand, but just don’t give us false hope if you anticipate it’s not going to happen"soon".

Chip shortages do affect stock and supplies, but this has been happening since beginning of the year, so if like you said they announced on may saying “soon” they already knew that as a barrier. Instead they chose to not give us clear pictures.

Idk if this is old but the new v2 sensor pack has hit amazon Canada now

Wow! went to the Wyze site to look at the new Wyze Scale S and was about to order 1 of each (Wyze Scale + Scale S) with exchange to CAD should be around 50$. :cry: does not ship to Canada. Awrighty then off to Amazon. Dang!!! Sticker shock 88$ for the Wyze Scale - alone. NOPE!! not happening- that be gourging!
P.S. I live too far from the border for setting up a cross- border postal box.

Ya think that’s bad, the LED addon for the V3 camera is $4.00 if you buy it with a V3 camera from Wyze. >$42.00 alone from Amazon Canada.

It’s not being sold by Wyze but Wyze is promoting the price gouging by sitting on their hands and not selling their products directly to Canada.

Hey guys and gals it’s wyze week don’t forget to miss out on all the deals because of where you live!

2 Likes

I love Wyze week, Wyze specials, Wyze sales, Wyze limited time exclusives! Just reminds me how much Wyze cares about Canadians!

I can already feel the same warm hug of neglect and empty promises that my absentee father gives me every day. Perhaps next July 1, we’ll get the best birthday gift of all, with Wyze just region blocking Canada from wyze.com disappearing from our lives forever … just to show us how much they really care. Thanks Wyze Dad!

1 Like

Eeeek! Wyze Week starts tomorrow! But is even scarier in Canada, because you just don’t love us!

I know the hardships pointed out as well with the video that was published, but honestly shipping to Canada really shouldn’t be that hard and at least update or take down the ‘coming soon’ sign on the Canadian site. Coming soon to me is a couple of weeks not months (or a year). It is a real shame to, like most of us I love your products and every time you release a new product i’m like damn would like to have that, but nope can’t get it in Canada at all or months later at inflated prices. I would honestly sign up to purchase at least ONE of each and every new product released (likely multiples if allowed), almost like a subscription type thing.

I guess us Canadians are just not enough of a market share to prioritize a Canadian store?

1 Like

Thanks Wyze for letting us celebrate Wyze Week with you and finally take part in these awesome sales!!
Oh… wait… nevermind…

I order and receive products from the US into Canada weekly from other companies. I live 170km (110 miles) from Wyze in Seattle and there should be no reason why they can’t ship to Canada via UPS, Fedex etc. At their price point, they would have a whole new group of people interested in their products

No no no TheKracken. This is a brand new type of distribution that no small electronics company, especially one based in the US with Chinese manufacturing, has ever had to deal with before. The packaging, legal, approvals, and distribution are all very unique to Wyze and it’s impossible for any electronics company to deliver a product to the Canadian market without taking at least 5 years of contemplation, 7 years of planning, and 9 years of rollout.

You think you can solve this with FedEx? Ha!

1 Like

I think we’re talking about two different things. TheKracken is talking about going on Wyze.com, putting products in a basket and having it shipped from either China or the US, or where ever they ship from. There are other American companies that do that. I order products from the US and they are able to ship to Canada. You’re talking about setting up distribution right here in Canada which I believe you when you say it takes a long time. How long I don’t know but apples and oranges situation.

My post was totally sarcastic. I should have added a “/s”.

Both solutions (a warehouse/distribution centre in Canada and shipping from the US) are well documented and well understood business processes. Services are even available to help companies break into new markets and do just that, in a timely manner. Time to market is a thing, and getting there at speed and scale is required to capitalize and make money. When Wyze started, there were very few competitors at their price point. Now the Canadian market has a dozen Chinese product clones on the market that do very similar things at very similar prices.

In the end, it’s not something that takes 4 years to setup and Wyze is not only losing out, but also frustrating and alienating a portion of their future market. Not smart.

2 Likes

They don’t care, it’s that simple

Just a heads up Dave Crosby posted on Facebook that they have inventory in their Canadian warehouse now and will be selected letting people do test orders soon!..

2 Likes

They’ve had the warehouse for a while. Unfortunately I’ll believe that when I see it. And “soon” in Wyze time could mean 6 months to a year or more away (past experience).

1 Like

Here to announce that we have a small group of selected testers for making sure the ordering process goes smoothly! We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through this and can’t wait to finally be able to ship to our Canadian friends! :tada:

14 Likes

I’m interested “a small group of selected testers”