Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

That’s great news! Thank you, @UserCustomerGwen!

Very excited about this. Which products will be available in the launch?

pick me! pick me! lol

As one of the earlier Canadian adopters, fanboys and more recently cranky Canadian old guys, I’d love to become a charter member of the True North Test Group.

Come to think of it, the Canuks who have populated this and a few related threads over the past 3 years might be a good group to start with generally. We’re clearly interested to say the least, already committed to the products, and representative of 33.3 million prospective customers.

I certainly appreciate the good news if that’s indeed what it is. I recently began thinking about inviting the people in this thread to form a cooperative (a great Canadian Prairie tradition) to take orders, buy Wyze tech in the US in bulk, drive the goods through the Peace Arch border crossing, and create our own shipping enterprise. But I’m old and busy these days, so if Wyze will actually deliver the goods, we’d be grateful and w happily spread the word.

Remember, 33.3 million is the same potential customer base as the state of California. Consider about the cost to the company if, in its Wyzdom, the company were to stop shipping to that state.

David Wetherow
British Columbia

| heyheyct
October 28 |

• | - |

That’s great news! Thank you, @WyzeGwendolyn!

:wave: Camplus member here in Edmonton. Looking to order something simple, outdoor plug, wireless headphones too maybe. Be happy to test.

Please sign me up to be a tester! I want to buy several items!

It would be nice to get something in place. I ordered from Amazon.com because they are an authorized seller that ships to Canada and now I have an issue with my unit and can’t get it replaced under warranty because of the no shipping to Canada. Of course it was 13 days past when Amazon would do anything and we know the story with Wyze. I thought I was doing the right thing ordering from an authorized retailer but nope, I’m stuck with a dud.

I already am a tester for the beta Wyze app and have severals cams, door lock, doors sensors etc and would love to add to the Wyze Echo system testing!

Count me in if possible!

A retired RCAF vet.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Ottawa

I may be wrong, but I think the test group is already selected. There was a sign up form that was only available for a short period of time.

I signed up to it last night but didn’t get an email damn… unless they haven’t gone out yet I hope cuz I’m so down to help

I signed up as well but haven’t heard anything yet. Could be they haven’t sent out notices or it might just be a really small test group.

I am in Kingston Ontario if you are in need of additional tester. Looking forward to see result ;0) It is alway sad to see cool product and have to wait for what look for ever… The outdoor v3 was an example…

Darn. I wish I hadn’t missed that. I would have jumped at a chance seeing as I’ve been waiting since they first announced it. Glad soon is getting sooner…

I saw Dave’s first post and noticed that the form wasn’t accessible and had replied as such on FB. The post was then taken down. Has the group been chosen ?

The group is currently testing the system.

As a beta member and Canadian asking for this for years that is a bit sad we didn’t get reached out to for this. I’ve started viewing the forums less recently and just noticed this.

Either way I am happy there is progress to start ordering some of the products,.

Hopefully launches soon, I was lucky enough to be selected

Mind keeping us up to date on how it goes? Assuming there is no non-disclosure agreement in place.

1 Like

Second time posting this because the first somehow didn’t show up in the email thread for this topic.

_/)*~

As one of the earlier Canadian adopters, fanboys and more recently cranky Canadian old guys, I’d love to become a charter member of the True North Test Group.

Come to think of it, the Canuks who have populated this and a few related threads over the past 3 years might be a good group to start with generally. We’re clearly interested to say the least, already committed to the products, and representative of 33.3 million prospective customers.

I certainly appreciate the good news if that’s indeed what it is. I recently began thinking about inviting the people in this thread to form a cooperative (a great Canadian Prairie tradition) to take orders, buy Wyze tech in bulk in the US, drive the goods through the Peace Arch border crossing, and create our own shipping enterprise. But I’m old and busy these days, so if Wyze will actually deliver the goods, we’d all be grateful and will happily spread the word.

Remember, 33.3 million is the same potential customer base as the state of California. Consider the cost to the company if Wyze were to stop shipping to that state.

David Wetherow
British Columbia

I’m not sure if there is a NDA in place because I didn’t see one in the email, but right now there’s a limited number of products available and of course all in Canadian pricing, which tbh after conversion actually very reasonable prices. I have not placed an order yet but I plan too later this week and I’ll let you know how that goes.