ALEXA

wow! the wyzecam 2.0 integrates into Alexa - based on multiple reviews that I read about 2 months ago.

go to order… Will ship out soon, ok I can wait a couple of weeks, place pre-order for two cameras.

wait? where’s my camera? Delayed. Ok Manufacturing flaw, Glad they are addressing it.

oh Echo Spot is on sale! Place order.

Camera is shipping! Track order, mmm this is worthless.

• With a company founded by ex-Amazon, one would think that they would have shipping nailed down. Fast, accurate tracking...
Echo spot and Cameras arrive almost at the same time! Awesome.

An hour later, most of which I looked like a Zombie holding my phone and camera straight out in front of me (like the video) and muttering and groaning while trying to get it to work.

Search for Wyze in skills - nada. Ok, maybe its built in. “Alexa, show me camera” - nada. Search the web - more articles about Alexa integration. then finally, nope we are still working on it.

Oh, there really isn’t any Alexa support. What the !!! ???

what I have learned:

• probably won't get Alexa support anytime soon.
  • don't trust reviews on pre-release products, even if one of the them was found in the Support Forum. maybe your product managers should reach out to the media outlets who reviewed your product and ask for an update & correction, or reach out to the users with a timeline for when it will be ready.

paul12 You are so correct. Just recieved 6 cameras. Was expecting Alexa integration based on reviews online. This shouldn’t take months to figure out. Where is the intergration?

Wazecam, stop constantly telling us your working on it. Tell us it will be operational on x date.

Your comments are unfounded and offensive. Bringing up legitimate concerns is why this forum exists. The two reviewers above have a valid point that the Waze reviews showcased on the website indicate Amazon Alexa support which doesn’t actually exist.

Wazelabs has a responsibility to address this. The cameras have many good qualities but these actions by Waze are poor in the least and false advertising at the most.

I spoke the truth and if it offends then the hearer ought to deeply consider the tone of the accusations leveled against a brand new endeavor … a so called “upstart” who has shock the industry to its core faster than any other established business ever has.

My support and unlimited understanding and compassion is reserved for people who actually dream, and then work hard to see the actual product come to light.

Having recently finished my taxes without the aid of anyone at all except the makers of the Turbo Tax software, I can tell you that the process of filing my 4 W2’s and and 3 1099’s for the 7 disting Jobs I work gives me perspective on the “me generation” filled with whinny “I want what I want, and I want it now” complainers that don’t know patience and loyalty.

WYZE has and will continue to shock the market by opening up a high initial priced product to the masses with a $19.99 product price point and Free storage most others charge for.

Enjoy the savings or waste your mound and verbs on subject areas where you may actually make an impact.

The vast WYZE community knows very well what $19.99 gets today and that their cameras exceed All reasonable expectations. We will be exercising patience and support while this fledgling company takes a little while to address the huge demand for their incredible product.

Kleenex by the way are overpriced as well so you might consider purchasing your local store brand then complain about the less attractive box … that seems to be your bent.

(A reply to the above comment has been removed for name-calling, and unacceptable behavior. Thank you.)

Censoring Truth won’t make it less difficult for snowflakes and pc dreamers to accept.

+1111111

for me for Google Home support.

Alexa is almost a must, if not now it will be very shortly. I’ve turned over most electronics to ALEXA supported apps. Especially with ALEXA Show. Great product and thanks.

+1, Alexa for me, It’s the only thing missing for me for this awesome product.

Yea, it seems to me that they would have corrected the article (or reached out to the author for correction) the digital trends piece. This was the very article that introduced me to WyzeCam (based partly on the Alexa integration)…I am very happy with the cameras (I’ve got 6 around my place and have made recommendations to several friends and colleagues that have purchased them ), but I will be very pleased when Alexa and IFFT integration is enabled.

I use the WeMo approach on 7x WyzeCams. It works well when the WeMos maintain connectivity to the router. Using WeMo Mini plugs, my experience is that they are overly sensitive to week zones in WiFi networks. If you have strong signal throughout your home, the WeMo solution works well and adds the benefit of geofencing if you use IFTTT or have a Nest Thermostat.

You are really telling Alexa to turn off the WeMo outlet.

One thing that you should consider is the boot time & reconnect time of the camera. For the V1s I have (6x), that lag time can be up to 30 seconds. For my V2 it is faster. Don’t expect to tell Alexa to turn on the outlet and immediately have playback.

Although I posted the query weeks ago, I still have not response from Wyze to whether repeated power cycling has any impact on longevity or performance of the camera.

Sorry pthalodezin, I forgot you asked about that! According to my tech team there should not be any issues or impact from repeated power cycling. We have not encountered any issues with testing. Thanks!

Thanks. I didn’t think there would be considering this is all solidstate except for a few parts that likely wouldn’t be impacted by power cycling. Just thought it was worth throwing out due to connectivity issues that were happening.

This sounds like you misunderstood someone or read something on a disreputable site. I have not seen ANY reputable site that reported that the Wyze Cams V1 or V2 has any integrations. NONE. The FAQ on Wyze even clearly state that they don’t have integrations with Siri, Alexa, Apple Homekit, etc, etc, etc. If you bought a V2, then you weren’t “pre-release”. V2 is a replacement for a somewhat defective and under performing V1. V2s primary improvements were in connectivity and image quality.

Tell you what, and know that I am by far one of the staunchest critics of Wyze, if you want to know what you are getting, go to the source. There is NO excuse for going anywhere other than the manufacturer for product information as the ultimate source of information. Wyze cannot be held responsible for irresponsible reporting from media outlets (likely some blogger on his couch) not getting actual information. That’s just ridiculous. They posted clear and accurate information on their site. It is a reporter, blogger, etc who should hold the responsibility to vet sources and post accurate information.

The only person to blame for purchases expecting features that were never reported by the manufacturer is the purchaser (that’s you).

Reporters of any story are responsible for their own content. Wyze never misreported or misrepresented the capabilities of their equipment. If a reporter is unsure of fact, it is their responsibility to do the research. Don’t blame the company that produces the product for the unprofessional, lazy behavior of supposed journalists.

true, but I believe that Engadget is a reputable source, and they were only reporting on the roadmap as it was told to them. Reviewers have nothing to gain to make up firmware release dates.

“We’re told that a firmware update coming in March will allow the WyzeCam to work with IFTTT applets and provide limited support for Alexa. You won’t be able to issue commands to a WyzeCam through one of Amazon’s speaker tubes, but you can view the live feed from a WyzeCam on devices like the Echo Show and Spot.”

So, yes, Wyze Labs is responsible for the information that was released, and from the growing number of folks responding to this post wondering where the Alexa support is, this is a valid complaint. If it Alexa support will never happen, let us know.

Let’s break that down… “We were told that…” We’re is never acceptable as a contraction for “we were”. If you media source did that, then they aren’t a very well educated journalist, but that aside. the question right away should be “BY WHOM?” Who told them that the firmware in March would allow new features? If it was Wyze Labs, perhaps the response was couched differently. Perhaps they said, “We hope with our firmware release in March to have IFTTT and Alexa support.” If the reporter doesn’t know the difference between hope and a defined road map of product features, then perhaps reporting on tech isn’t their avenue.

Second, you made clear claims that you tried voice commands. Why would you do that. The story that you are using as your foundation for your argument clearly states that this wouldn’t be available.

I haven’t read the story, and yes Endgadget is a somewhat reputable source (although not really quality tech journalism IMHO), but I would place the blame more on the reporter and not Wyze. In the end though, you really should never rely on reporting for tech specs. How hard would it have been during your furious buying spree to slow down and look up the specs on Wyze Cam V2? In the end, the journalist is responsible for what they put into the world and you are responsible for what you purchase.

I have seen no evidence of misdirection or lies. I see conjecture on your part that Wyze may have misinformed a journalist but it is just as likely that this “journalist” did not have an inside source or misrepresented the actual conversation.

From what I understand it was mentioned to Engadget that we were hoping to have Alexa support in March, this was before we encountered the production issues with the v2 and had to push back the v2 release itself. We have also been prioritizing v1 connectivity issues over Alexa integration as well.

Unfortunately, this meant our hopes for Alexa in March were also pushed back.

We are actively working on bringing Alexa and IFTTT support to the Wyze Cam v2 and I can tell you as someone who sets next to the developer’s office that they are working tirelessly on this. The current plan is to have Alexa ready before the end of May but that may be adjusted if more work needs to be done. IFTTT should come out earlier than Alexa.

There you have it. A supposed/wannabe serious journalist misrepresented the words of the interviewee, likely hoping to “make a scoop” only to misdirect a consumer who didn’t do his due diligence.

I do hope that with IFTTT that someone (not me) can figure out a direct geofencing approach. I would love to get rid of the “middle man” and sell off my WeMo outlets.

First off, Wyze, not Waze. No one at Wyze EVER advertised that the camera had Alexa or ANY OTHER integration. Just take a look at the FAQ. It has been there since the beginning.

If a reviewer, journalist, blogger, or other internet idiot decides to post a review which includes features that are not present and clearly stated as not present on the company’s website, then that is in NO WAY reflective of Wyze. If you want to complain, go post on the article which misdirected you. Don’t blame the people who gave facts that were twisted by lazy amateurs.