Alexa fire stick “minimize to pip”

I believe if you press and hold the home button the PIP returns to full screen. Outside of the voice commands that did not work for me.

I do have a request/question in the Firestick developers Reddit about if you can disable the PIP option. Its my first post so I have low expectations.

1 Like

yes this
but why not just have it use the menu/hamburger button to the right of the home button as a toggle for the minimize to pip option instead , or better yet have it never show up at all and if you want to switch to pip and back again , have the options show up when you press the menu/hamburger button
I mean this is only commons sense, how come it seems like every single developer has peak off the spectrum autism?
it’s like all this crap is being designed by robots and not actual human beings with feelings and emotions and who actually use the products they are developing for ,like they have absolutely zero common sense and hav enever even used or even seen the hardware they are developing for in their entire lives, ,I mean the remote has a damn menu button try using it FFS
these "people’ really need to have so sense smacked into them
Also I can absolutely confirm that sometimes when I have spoke to senior level support at some of these Amazon divisions like Alexa and Fire TV that hey actually do not own and have never sued the products they are supporting because they told me so , I am like HOW
doesn’t uncle Jeff have enough money to provide you one for free? and aren’t you even curious
the fire TV senior level support guy told me doesn’t own a fire TV device and had never used one before and does not have an echo either
I mean are they are literally hiring Ted Kaszyinky level luddites living off grid in some shanty or something?

This does not seem to be dependent on hardware but on the fire TV fire OS version you are using
I only have the 1st gen 4k sticks , I have 3 of them, I noticed that one of them is on 6.2.7.7 (NS6277/3033) and it does not show the PIP button, I checked it after first noticing on the one stick that I have which is updated to 6.2.8.8.1 (NS6281/4812)
I have a fire TV recast and I HATE the new home menu , mainly because it is so bad for navigation live TV and the recast so after I received the update on one of my sticks and saw how bad it was I disabled OTA updates on my other 2 sticks using PM disable through ADB
I am guessing that they will not push this feature out to the older FW’s but who knows
I mean assuming it is FW dependent and not dependent on a their rando rollout schedules, meaning unless I just happened to receive it on one of my sticks and it hasn’t rolled out to the other one yet
I haven’t check the 3rd stick yet but it is on the older FW and I assume it does not have the PIP button option

Use the tiny camera app on firestick. It is great!!! Here is a tutorial!!!