Alert notifications not working with ver 4.10.6.193

Recently I noticed that I’m no longer recv’g notification of events as they are occurring. The recorded event is available for review, however the corresponding event notification didn’t come through on the mobile apps (android or IOS). The notification settings are based on the app control and not the mobile OS and I have confirmed that the notification settings are turned on the cameras. This issue seems to have surfaced with the latest firmware upgrade of 4.10.6.193. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thank you.

That firmware is for the pan, is that the only camera you are having issues with? Do you get any Wyze notifs at all? From other cameras or devices? Does the bell on the main screen have a Zz next to it? Have you triple verified that the notification settings for the effected cameras are where you want them after the upgrade? Have you restarted the cameras since the update? Sorry for the almost 20 questions, just alot of questions came out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem. No notifications are coming through. I have checked everything in the app. All notifications are on. No bell zzz…, I have reset the camera, turn the camera on and off, checked my settings on the iOS. Still, no notifications at all. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Are you not getting just notifications? Or are you not getting event videos so there is nothing to notify you of?

Just not getting notifications. I can stand in the driveway and the Pan Cam follows me around, no notification. A big truck can pull into the driveway, no notification. A neighbor can come to the door, no notification. I can go back and look at the events.

1 Like

Thanks for the 20 questions :wink:. Helps me tripple chk everything. But in all seriuosness, no zz’s on the bell, and the notification settings are where should be. The cams are a mix, 6 pan and 8 non-pan. I may have to delete them all and add them back in. Painful but hopefully it gets fixed. Thx again.

1 Like

It’s somewhat comforting to see others are also having similar issues. Hopefully this will expedite the fix.

1 Like

The pancam won’t notify you if it’s tracking motion. The pancam will notify you if it recorded a cloud event video (motion or sound). What does you pancam’s notification page look like? What’s enabled? Since you say it’s only notifications that you arnt getting, I will skip all the detection questions. Can you restart the cam and see if that clears it up?

1 Like

The issue isn’t just with the Pancam. As I mentioned in my original note, it occurs with the Cam v2 as well. It’s clear that it is not a result of a setting since multiple people have reported the same issue, but thank you for the follow-up.

1 Like

That reply was to the other user.

What app version are you using?

I have re-started the camera… but, with your help I did find the problem. All of the notifications were on, but the “event detection” was off. Weird. I have the cam on continuous recording and never thought to check the event detection. Thanks so much, it had been driving me crazy since it had worked before updates flawlessly.

Glad you got it figured out!

Always after updates triple check that your settings are where you had them pre update, or are atleast where you want them. Sometimes updates revert things.