After power outage Wyze switch won’t connect to internet blinks rapidly

After power outage light switch blinks rapidly and will not reconnect to internet. I held switch downforc30 seconds but blinking never slowed and it never connected

It’s possible that the power outage flickered in a way that reset it back to pairing mode. Try to go through setup again as if you’re just barely installing it.

As long as you don’t delete it from the app first, it should keep most or all of the settings and rules and everything in place. It probably just needs you to assign it to the internet again and rename it (to the same name), and the rest should still be saved.

I have seen this happen to other people with certain power outages that are not just a simple on/off outage, but have a weird variable surge that seems more a quick like on/off on/off on/off to the device, making it think you wanted it to reset to pairing mode.

1 Like

So… this is just FYI…

When a Wyze bulb experiences 3 quick power on and power off (like a triple click of sorts),it resets.

1 Like

Correct. As I mentioned above ,this is why a power outage or surge often triggers a reset (pairing mode). Some outages have a power surge up and down, up and down, and up again in a way that the bulb thinks it got a “triple click” as you said and resets the bulb. I’ve seen, and experienced this multiple times.