adustable record time on motion alert

Im sure this has been addressed ad nauseam, not by me though. I would be really helpful to me and most others I would think. I would like to on motion alert have wyze record an input time length. 1,5,10 minutes as an example or a fill in the blank number of seconds 1-600 say. Given that motion detection lags a bit and never actually catches the mail man. A set time would allow you to say capture the UPS guy as he is leaving at least.

4 Likes

I agree this would be a useful feature. So, as an update, please add the ability to set a desired record time after sensing either sound or motion. I would only find this necessary for the record time to the SD card. The cloud recording can remain at 12 sec. Thx!

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. It has been discussed ad nauseam. Unless Wyze decides to implement a paid storage plan (no word on that), then the cloud recording is not going to get longer than 12 sec. You can set the SD card to record only motion, in which case it saves each full minute from xx:00 to xx:59 that contains any motion. You can use the green shading on the timeline to find those events, or you can use the cloud alerts as a hint as to where to look on the playback timeline.

1 Like

I should have been more clear. I am referring to local storage abilities. This could easily go in the local storage tab.

That’s very unlikely to change. The whole structure of the file system and the saving of motion events is based on one-minute intervals. Saving random intervals is not likely to happen. Sorry.

That said, you can always set the card to record continuously.

2 Likes

I agree. I get great footage of my garage door opening, but never of the person who comes through it. Got this because my neighbors have had a code breaker opening their garage door with break-ins. Not much use if they can take the camera and SD card, and the footage is not in the cloud.

I concur, 12 seconds is too short man! It’s especially too short when it’s switching from night view to light view. Wayze, please add an update that let’s us adjust the recording length of the detection under Alert Settings please. Everything else is great!

The 12 second clips ONLY applies to web cloud storage.

Local recording works in one minute files. If you are set to continuous recording, then recording is just that - continuous (in the one minute files) When set to Events only, as long as their is motion detection in any minute, then that minute file is saved. So as long as there is activity, it will retain the one minute files locally.

Adding my support for increasing the length just slightly due to the following reason. The ONLY thing I ever look at is the motion alert I get on my phone. I pull it up on the phone app and watch the 12 seconds, sometimes not quite seeing the person or details I need to see. If was extending to even 20 seconds that would be an enormous benefit to catch more details regarding people that come onto my property. I’ve adjusted the sensitivity so I now get close ups of people coming to my door but now I don’t see cars that pull into my driveway and potentially attempt to enter my detached garage. My driveway and garage are further from the main door camera. And yes I know some of you will say I can put a camera by the garage but given the layout of my garage, lack of windows, and lack of power in the right spots, it’s not an option. Unless Wyze comes out with a solar-powered, weather-proof cam. That would be my second wish-list item. :slight_smile:
But seriously it would be great to extend the recording time just a bit longer. I’d be willing to pay for it.

Please hop over and vote for the topic below. You must click the VOTE button at the top for it to count.

I would gladly pay a monthly fee for cloud storage. Rather than save localy to increase record time. Using micro sd card is unsafe because they can steal the unit and cover there tracks.

You might want to look into CMC then, it is Complete Motion Capture. It will record the movement to the cloud for as long as there is motion and eliminates the 5-minute cool down.

https://services.wyze.com/detail/cmc

1 Like