Adding Wyze V2 RTSP to Luxriot?

Has anyone been able to add a Wyze Cam V2 to Luxriot via RTSP? I uploaded the unsupported firmware from Wyze to enable RTSP on the camera, and I can see view it just fine in VLC at rtsp://anonymous:password@192.168.1.22/live

That URL is helpfully generated by the Wyze iOS app as soon as you enable RSTP. Note the required “/live” at the end of the URL

“rtsp://anonymous:password@192.168.1.22” doesn’t work in VLC, and nor does “rtsp://anonymous:password@192.168.1.22:554”

I can’t figure out how to add it to Luxriot as a New Device. Scanning for new devices (including specifying Port 554 and anonymous:password) finds no new devices at 192.168.1.22.

Manually adding it as a Generic (RTSP Compatible), including including specifying Port 554 and anonymous:password, doesn’t work either, resulting in an “RTSP Error”:

I’m wondering if the “/live” at the end of the required URL is the problem. There’s no way for me to add a path to the IP address in Luxriot.

Anyone else have this working?

1 Like

If I try to add to Luxriot, I get:

Ah, thanks! LuxRiot responded to me, which is pretty good for a free product!

It’s working!

3 Likes

Great! However, I downloaded and installed the LUxriot App, but I do not see the page that you show. Where/how do I get to it?

Looks to me like that is the desktop version of the program?

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to make it work because of you sharing here

1 Like

Wow, belated thanks. I’ve been trying to catch up on the various NVR systems but somehow never heard of LuxRiot Evo Complimentary edition until this thread. Sounds as if it can do everything Blue Iris can do but for free…

1 Like

Just want to leave a quick thanks to @TheWaterbug for posting the solution to add a Wyzecam to Luxriot EVO. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

2 Likes

hello Guys can anyone help me in setting-up wyze cam on luxroit console using RTSP URL.

I have done all the setting which you guys as wrote in this blog, but unfortunately I am still facing RTSP error on Luxroit Consle.

Can anyone help me out?

Did you flash your Wyze camera with the special RTSP firmware?

Yes, I have flashed the RTSP fimrware (4.28.4.49) in Wyze camera and as well as able to generate the RTSP URL.

RTSP URL-rtsp://Admin:Admin@192.168.68.164/live

I have also verify this url in VCL player and able to get live feed from camera but unable to get stream live feed on luxroit monitor.

Please find the attached screenshot for the same and if it is possible for you to take my PC access and help me in setting Luxorit console over team viewer, So that I can fix the Wyze RTSP error in luxroit console as soon as possible.

Easy. See here:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=38471217#p38471217

1 Like

@TheWaterbug I have checked the article which you referred just above, I am just searching what HTTP port should I use while configuring the Wyze camera on Luxroit console.

I am using the RTSP firmware Wyze cam V2, but struggling in getting the correct HTTP port in the mentioned firmware version.
Firmware Version-4.28.4.49
I have tired default HTTP port in Luxroit Console but unfortunately it is not working.
Looking for positive response.

I haven’t used LuxRiot yet but it really shouldn’t be hard? From a search here are a couple of resources.

Hello Guy’s,

Can anyone let me know how to upload the RTSP firmware in wyze cam outdoor base station.

Please help me out.

This does not exist. It is unlikely to ever exist.

RTSP is available on V2, Pan Cam, and eventually V3.

I swear I have done everything right, but every time I launch the video, it is just black. After ~20 seconds it shows “Error 0xa124020e”. Searching that results nothing.

Same error code. Not as fortunate, i emailed customer support to no avail. One time I got a different error code, but it didn’t happen again. 0x0304020a

This does not exist. It is unlikely to ever exist.

RTSP is available on V2, Pan Cam, and eventually V3.

Can you clarify on that? Is the base station not at least v2? The base station is updated to the latest firmware. The Wyze Base Station is assigning ip’s on 192.168.200.xx but it’s connected to me LAN which I have on a 192.168.0.xx. I see the base station. How can we get the ip’s of the individual cameras connected to that base station so it can be done in Luxriot?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

V2 is the model number of Wyze’s second wired camera. It has no relevance to the Wyze Cam Outdoor or its base station. It doesn’t matter if you could access the IP of each WCO (you can’t / are not supposed to) because only the base station can wake up the cameras. RTSP assumes that the server (each camera) is listening on an open port. But the WCOs are NOT able to do that when they are in their low power mode. Everything has to be done through the base station. (So they’d need to implement shared RTSP at the base station, which is unlikely to happen.)

Wyze is so determined to save your WCO battery life that as of this writing you can’t even reach it with the new web viewer. :frowning: