Added wize thermostat, furnace fan runs constantly

After installing my new Wyze Thermostat, the fan runs constantly on my furnace. The heating system works, the ac is not coming on. My wires match fron the wall panel and the furnace control panel. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Welcome to the user-to-user forum, @blainefurner!

If you call up the pop-up Controls menu on the thermostat home page, is the fan set to β€œON”?

Beyond that, any HVAC experts would need to see photos of your thermostat wiring, and your furnace control board wiring, to venture a guess on either of your problems. Since you are new, I will ask the mods to promote you so you can post pictures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @blainefurner

I have upped your trust level so you can post pictures

2 Likes

Sounds like the fan wire is connected to C. Show pictures of both ends of the wires.

1 Like

Here are the wires. Let me know what you think.

1 Like

1 Like

Did you take a picture of your old thermostat? Did you change any wiring in the furnace connector? The connection on the furnace looks wrong, the red wire that goes to Y should be paired with a white wire going to C, not R.
Also, can I get a full picture of the control board?

1 Like

The red and white wires from a separate set, is coming from the AC unit.

1 Like

Yes, the AC compressor is generally hooked up to C and Y, not R and Y. Having it be hooked up to R and Y would not allow a complete circuit to be made to run the AC compressor contactor, but could cause the fan relay on the furnace board to always be running in cool mode. As you changed the wiring when you installed the wyze, I suggest that you move the white wire that is currently on R to C and see if it solves all of your problems.

3 Likes

It appears that changing those wires fixed the issue. You did a great job diagnosing the issue. I’m very grateful!

Thanks

3 Likes