Ability to see Wyze devices' IP addresses in a list

It would be great to see the cameras ip addresses in a list .

The best place I could see the info added for now is on the firmware page. It would be awesome if the IP addresses were listed under each camera

[Mod Note]: Please note that this wishlist topic is not limited to cameras. It covers all WiFi-connected Wyze device types.

You are an iOS user, and Apple restricts IP addresses because they can reveal your location.

Your DHCP server (usually your router) will normally provide that information.

2 Likes

IPs are shown in the device info page for the camera.

I am aware on the device information page.

I am talking about seeing all the camera names and ip and even MAC address on one single page.

I have over 20 cameras and often need see their ip addresses

My recommendation is to keep a spreadsheet with all of them. Also, use reserved IPs on you router for them so they always have the same one. I suppose Wyze could do what you’re asking but doubt they will do so since there are higher priority items requested which still haven’t been resolved.

1 Like

I number all of my cameras - in the order that I received them. The camera has a small P-Touch label with the camera number and date activated. Each camera has a DHCP reservation in my router, so each camera always gets the same IP - 192.168.206.1nn (where nn is the camera number). If I really need to see the MAC, I can look at the DHCP listing in the router.

When I name a camera, the first part is the camera number. For example, 30 - Front Porch. I have a Google Doc with a listing of all the cameras, with firmware versions (not always up to date), what uSD card is installed and when that card was bought, the location, is it forced onto a specific access point, who it’s shared with, and any other notes.

1 Like

I have them Named and can pull them up in my router. We didn’t label them.
We had issues when. They got renamed in the app because we moved things around then it became a pain to find which camera we were trying to rename on the router side. I then thought how great it would be to have a list in the wyze app of cameras with name and their ip adresses all on one tab in the app.

You could try Speed Test Wi Fi Analyzer by Analiti. It’s aimed at the Android crowd if you have a convenient platform for it. The speed test function is the attention getting label, but the WiFi Analyzer functions are quite extensive and set this app light years beyond the other currently available offerings – for free. There are also temporary and permanent paid versions, but the free version can list all active devices on a network providing a significant amount of detail for each discovered device with only minor advertising – which can be removed for $1.99. The free version doesn’t provide specific targeting capabilities like scanning IP ranges, etc. It will do port scans on selected devices, however, Much of what it reports can also be exported in several forms. Probably overkill for your purpose. A very handy tool nonetheless. Unfortunately, there’s no Mac/iOS version.

Another basic listing option would be to simply use one of the free port scanners to scan the address range reserved for your cameras. Varying degrees of detail are available in these little apps. The trick is finding a clean one capable of fulfilling your needs without perpetually annoying upsale or companionware advertising. Angry IP Scanner comes to mind as one to possibly look into. Free, open source, works with Mac.

1 Like

Wyze APP page - To Show Device IP Address List – of all Wyze Devices connected to network----

I have found the need to be able to see
the FULL list if IP addresses used by ALL Wyze Devices
that are connected to my network.

It would be a great feature in the Wyze App,
to show ALL device IP address used within the Wyze APP application page.

As customers install more Wyze devices, the amount of IP used increases.
And most people have many devices on the networks, home or business.

This would greatly help customers to make sure not to creare IP address issues on their netorks.

1 Like

As I suggested a year ago, assign each camera a number (even if it’s just arbitrary), and then assign DHCP reservations in your router for each camera. See my post from March 2022.

1 Like

HI,
Thank you for taking the time to respond back to my inquiry.

Overall I do have DHCP running on my network, which also consists of Servers, and desktop systems for which some used DHCP, along with all my other IP eating devices on the network.

The problem is, DHCP is setup to provide Leases and I did have reservations on the Wyze cams/devices. What I had found a few times, is updating the firmware and in other cases, it seems to loose the assigned IP address that it was assigned, and tends to grab another IP address.

In fact one of the more recent firmware updates for V3 cam.
The Names I had assigned to the Wyzecams and the DHCP reserved IP addresses the IP address, after ther firmware update, Wyze Cam started generating its own name, which seems to also include part or all of the Serial number in the naming scheme.

Never experienced with V2 Cams, or prior V3 cam firmware updates.

Example: I assigned a name to the CAM of say, “Backyard” and in DNS with an IP address of 192.168.x.x.

And after the firmware updates
I noticed new DNS registrations with the Wyzecam name being WYZE_CAKP2JFUS-7C78B22D80BB, and with a different IP address.

Overall I was thinking it make things easier for users to see the actual address on the Wyze App, and then also to be able to compared it to the DHCP & DNS registrations. and to see if there are any issues errors.
Where before I labels the specific cam with my own assigned naming scheme.
Which was now gone.

1 Like

@compserv111, Thank you for bumping this thread! I would have never seen these posts otherwise!

@pogesmit,

Just downloaded it.

:exploding_head:

Wow! Mind Blown! Thank you so much for the post. The depth of detail is overwhelming! A brand new shiny tool :hammer_and_wrench: in the toolbox :toolbox: :grin:

2 Likes

I like it. Glad you gave it a shot. One of my hard-wired PoE v3s running wz_mini_hacks.

1 Like